The last Christmas as Hogwarts Students

"MERRY CHRISTMAS" A loud voice yelled in my ear. I heard a groan from beside me and rolled over to see Lily with her hands over her ears muttering angrily under her breath. The impossible had happened as this year for christmas Lily was spending it at James' place with myself, Sirius, Remus and Peter.

"What was that for?" She groaned looking up at Sirius who was standing in the doorway grinning brightly.

"Ahh, apologies Evans, I was aiming it towards Ali, kinda forgot you two were sharing a room" He said scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

"Don't worry about it" Lily said gesturing it off whilst propping herself up in bed.

"Merry Christmas guys" I smiled jumping out of bed. The one thing I would never grow sick of was Christmas. I pulled Lily up and almost dragged her down the stairs, pushing past Sirius in the process.

"Have you woken Mr and Mrs Potter up yet?" Lily asked turning towards the three boys who were standing by the bottom of the staircase.

"Now that you mention that" Sirius said sliding past us on the banister.

"WAKEEEE UPPPPP" He yelled loudly. Lily covered her ears.

"Come on Sirius, I thought you might have a cool rhyme to say or something" I said rolling my eyes.

"It's not that easy to make up rhymes Ali" He stated walking into the living room and Mr and Mrs Potter walked down the stairs.

"Merry Christmas all" Mr potter said grinning at us all.

"Merry Christmas" We chanted together.

"Lets all go into the living room and open presents first, i'm sure Sirius wouldn't live with anything else" mrs Potter laughed walking through the archway to the living room where a loud thud was heard.

"What was that?" Lily said alarmed turning to me.

"Oh, probably Sirius hanging upside down over the chair again, he does that every Christmas" I smiled pulling her through to the living room where we saw Sirius roll around the chair. I jumped the sofa sitting down.

"Take a seat Lily darling, our home is yours" Mrs Potter said warmly. Lily smiled and nodded gratefully walking around the sofa and taking a seat on my right side as Remus had already taken my left.

"Ok Sirius, you go first" James muttered as we all saw Sirius' patience running thin. He grinned happily picking up his gift.

---

After we had all unwrapped our gifts I was sat upstairs with Lily who was sitting on her bed in a daze.

"Come on, did you really love it that much" I laughed watching her curiously. She nodded.

"I swear, you two need to just get together already, he treats you like and angel and you're lovesick for him" I exclaimed rolling my eyes. She huffed in annoyance but didn't say anything like she usually did. This Christmas James had gotten Lily a cute silver necklace with an emerald attached to it.

"What am I supposed to do, ask him out first?" She said rolling her eyes. I looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"Don't worry about it, he's bound to ask you out again soon, I can tell he's getting sick of not being able to" I said. She blushed again and I just laughed. "Come on, I think the guys want to have a snowball fight" I said gesturing her up.

---

"REMUS" I screamed feeling my feet leave the ground and two strong arms wrap around my legs throwing me over their shoulder.

"Yeah?" A voice asked laughing lightly.

"Please could you put me down" I asked as politely as I could.

"No can do sorry" He said running across the yard.

"I asked you politely though" I pouted.

"Well then, I applaud your politeness, thank you for not yelling, but I can't, unfortunately for you, put you down" He laughed continuing to run.

"Well, what are you even planning on doing?" I asked.

"Sirius, Peter and I had the idea of running away and leaving James and Lily together alone, by themselves" He said.

"Good idea" I complimented clapping as best as I could. "But I don't see why you couldn't have just let me run by myself, I mean, I can run" I asked raising my eyebrows even though he couldn't see that.

'Well, in order for it to work we needed to run very quickly and your legs aren't long enough to keep up with the speed" he said making me pout angrily.

"My legs are very long thank you very much" I huffed.

"But not long enough" He said running into the dark forest before placing me down beside a tree and grabbing my hands. "Don't take it as an offensive thing, we just need to disappear quickly" He said smiling.

"Ok, i'll try and not be offended" I smirked sitting against the tree as I heard footsteps move quickly through the forest and saw Sirius appear beside us. "Wait, but what about Peter? He's an inch shorter then I am"

"He went into the house about five minutes before and is currently sitting in his room" Sirius smiled.

"You guys are to good at planning things, I just go for it" I said looking at them both.

"Do you really think Remus would be able to deal with something that's not planned?" Sirius asked.

"True, true" I said smiling at my two friends.