Dates

"I can't believe i've agreed to this" Lily said to me as we walked down to the hall. Today was another Hogsmeade day and because Lily and James were doing really well in their relationship and Remus and I were still going strong James decided to set up a double date.

"Hey, look at it this way Lil's, Remus is a fairly sane person, it's not Sirius and his non-existent girlfriend so it'll be fine" I said smiling at her.

"Hey Snowy, you shouldn't be so rude about me" Sirius said in my left ear making me jump around violently. I hit his arm roughly.

"What is it with you and scaring me, you know I hate it" I said annoyedly. I had figured out just recently that I knew why Sirius and I had this love hate relationship. It was evidently because I thought of James, Sirius and Peter as brother figures and Sirius obviously had an odd way of showing sibling appreciation.

"Because it makes me laugh" He said whilst letting out his dog like laugh. "And I wouldn't go around calling me single" He smirked in achievement.

"If that's your way of telling me you're dating another one of your admirers then you can go and take that back, you hardly date them, all you do is use them and get rid of them" I replied rolling my eyes.

"Alice, how could you say something so rude about me, for your information, I actually scored myself a date with a decent chick" He said glaring me down.

"I'm sure you did" I said patting him on the head before Verity bounded up to us.

"Hey girls, you're both looking lovely" She grinned at us.

"Thanks Ver, you also look wonderful yourself" I smiled at the girl who had quickly become another one of my close friends due to her ability to easily open up to new people.

"Thanks Ali" She said brightly.

"So Ver, what are you planning on doing, I was talking to Alice and Marlene who said you had yourself a date?" Lily asked. I looked at Verity wide eyed as she nodded still smiling. That was when it clicked and I looked over to see Sirius wink at me. I knew that Verity liked Sirius from what she had told me but I wasn't aware Sirius liked her back.

"I do indeed, a very good guy at that" She smiled. I just continued to look at Sirius whilst raising my eyebrows.

"Well, when do we get to meet the lucky guy?" Lily asked curiously. I rolled my eyes as Sirius stepped forward and grabbed Verity's hand.

"Already have" He smirked. I watched as Lily's eyes widened and I just shook my head at the both of them.

"My goodness, and I thought Lily would have a lot on her hands dating James, what are you doing women" I grinned. I gave her a quick hug of congratulations.

"Beats me, well, we best be off" She said as they both walked away.

"Boo" James said in Lily's ear causing her to jump.

"James" She shrieked. I laughed at them before two arms grabbed my shoulders. I also jumped for the second time this morning as I flipped around to see Remus grinning broadly at me.

"That's the second time i've been scared this morning" I muttered crossing my arms.

"Morning Love" Remus said hugging me.

"Morning Remmy" I smiled.

"Hey, did you hear the news, Sirius got himself a date" Remus said looking at me. I nodded.

"Yeah, i'd feel sorry for her if I didn't know that she liked him a lot" I said nodding along. James and Remus both turned to me.

"Wait, you know who it is?!" James asked frantically.

"Yeah, of course" I said giving him a look.

"Tell me, he refused to say who it was this morning" James pleaded.

"How could he not tell you, its Verity" I said.

"Oh the poor thing" Remus said shaking his head.

"Well, as much as we could pity her, I could see that they liked each other, I mean, she told me she liked him and he continuously stared at her so it was pretty obvious" I mentioned.

"I'm not annoyed about them being together, i'm just annoyed that we are all know dating so we can't bully Sirius about being single anymore" James pouted.

"Oh no" I groaned. "That was my favourite comeback for when he said something rude to me"

"Well, let's not focus on that because surely we can find a new comeback that's much better, for now, let us go off to Hogsmeade" James said taking Lily's hand and leading her towards the doors. I followed with Remus beside me as we walked down the fields of Hogwarts towards Hogsmeade.

"Ok, so do we want to go and get Butterbeer first?" Lily asked the group. We all nodded in agreement and walked towards our first stop. We all managed to find ourselves a table and sat down at it. James went to go get the Butterbeer as we all waited.

"Can you believe our schooling is about to finish" Lily said sighing as she put her head in her hands, resting her elbows on the table.

"Don't remind me" Remus groaned.

"What, still don't know what you're going to do" I joked.

"Not funny Ali" He said hitting his head on the table. I stuck my hand underneath to prevent him from doing any damage.

"Come on Remmy, it'll be fine, you could get a job with me" I said grinning at him.

"I'd rather not age myself anymore, working with dragons would be to stressful" He said sitting back up as James came back to the table and handed us our butterbeers.

"What's making you all look down" He said staring specifically at Remus.

"We were talking about how school is nearly over" Lily stated sipping her drink.

"Finally" James muttered under his breath.

"Well, what would you like to do, we all know Ali is going to work with dragons, and Remus doesn't know, so what about you?" Lily grinned at James who immediately smirked.

"Well, I of course am going to become an auror" James said waving a fake wand. I suppressed a laugh as I looked at Remus who was also struggling.

"Good luck bud" I said nodding my head at him. We continued to converse about random things until we were finished. We all stood and walked out heading towards the bookstore which was our next destination. Lily had to almost drag James along as he was complaining.

"Just let me buy one book and we can go buy what you want from the joke store" Lily said. I watched as James groaned and nodded. Lily bought the book she wanted and we said goodbye to them as she was dragged out.

"Is there anything else you want to do or will we head back up to the castle after buying some books and just read for a few hours" I asked Remus.

"I'd prefer to go back up and read" He said agreeing. I bought several new books and we made our way up to the Gryffindor common rooms together.

"I'm going to take the silence and cherish it" Remus said sitting on the sofa. I sat down curling up into his side as we both opened books. I was so happy.