Monthly transformations

-Alice-

The next week went the same as the first day excluding having crazy fazes and people whispering. Nobody disturbed me and I had gotten closer to Lily and met her friends. That afternoon was my second meeting or talking session with Remus up on the tower. I had no idea whether his friends knew about it but I hadn't told anyone. That day passed quickly and before I knew it I was walking up to the usual spot in the tower. Several minutes later Remus came up the stairs and took a seat next to me on the railing. We sat in silence for a minute before we began a conversation about school and class.

"How did you learn everything we're learning so fast" he asked.

"I don't really know. I may not be related to Dumbledore but he passed some valuable skills down to me. I took lessons with him before I went to school, ever since I was five I have been learning things like that" I said. "My parents taught me a lot to before they passed away" I realised i was suddenly back on this conversation but it didn't feel odd to discuss this with him. "Voldemort took them away from me and now it is my life goal to have him finished" I muttered angrily more to myself. We kept on the discussion until ten minutes before curfew where we went our separate ways and travelled off to our dorms.

The next morning I met up with Lily. She informed me that our OWLs were happening in two months.

"... Already, I need to start studying..." She went on and on about our OWLs. I didn't see her big deal but it became evident in class that day when the teachers gave us more homework than usual.

"Why do we have to do more homework than usual" someone whined from the back of McGonagall's class.

"Because this is your OWL year Mr Potter" McGonagall answered.

At the end of that day I skipped out of the classroom, keen to get started on my homework to give myself a free afternoon. As I was sprinting out of the classroom someone bumped into me. I got up and brushed myself off before picking up mine and the person's books. I looked up to see it was a Slytherin. I smiled slightly.

"I'm sorry about that, here are your books" I said brightly.

"Thank you, by the way, my names Severus Snape" The boy said as he stuck out his hand. I took it and smiled brightly at him.

"My names Alice Dumbledore" I said. At that moment Lily came up from behind Severus.

"Alice, Severus, so you two have met" She smiled.

"Yeah, we bumped into each other" I returned with another bright smile. "Anyways, nice meeting you Severus and good day to you Lily but i've gotta go to the library to do homework" I said.

"So do I" Both Lily and Severus said in sync. We all laughed and walked off to the library to finish our homework off together. Over the week I had gotten closer to Severus and Lily but today was the day of the full moon. I dreaded my transformation but I knew there was no stopping it. That afternoon I disappeared before Lily and Severus could find out where I was going and ran down to the room in the dungeons. There was already sandwiches down there for me to have as dinner before my transformation. I made sure to double lock all the doors locks and recheck everything before I went into the middle of the room to prepare myself. My bones suddenly went rigid and pain spiked through my body like tons of needles. I screamed but I knew nobody would hear. I felt vicious all of a sudden and my mind disappeared leaving only the flesh hungry beast to stay.

A day later and I was covered in more cuts and bruises than usual. I walked up to the hospital wing when everyone was at breakfast and I laid down. I was looking around as non other then Remus Lupin burst into the hospital wing. I say burst but he really just entered slowly and lied down on a bed without so much as a glance around. I heard Madam Pomfrey come back in and I closed my eyes quickly. I heard her and Lupin whispering in very hushed voices.