The first NEWT test

"This is so boring" James exclaimed loudly throwing his potions book onto the grass as he gripped his hair tugging at it with annoyance.

"Could you be quiet for five more minutes, i'm trying to read" Lily growled, her head almost stuck in her charms book. James just huffed, lying down on the grass and rubbing his face with his hands.

"This is just going over my head, how am I ever supposed to remember all of this information" He growled quietly.

"You're the one that wants to be an auror James, it's not our fault you want to get into one of the hardest to get into careers" I said also closing my book and placing it down on the grass. I let out a light sigh.

"Who wants lunch" Sirius said standing up. Everyone closed their books standing to their feet quickly, keen for an excuse to stop studying. Even Lily, who was the reason most of the boys hadn't given up yet, stood up and brushed herself of, shutting her charms book and tucking it into her bag.

"We might as well, it's not like twenty minutes of no study is going to bring my marks right down" Lily sighed leading the group towards the castle. James fist bumped the air as he bounded up the hill.

"I'm actually dating a child" Lily exclaimed to me watching with slight amusement as James jumped around grabbing the hand of Sirius and dragging him up the hill at a faster pace than the rest of us.

"I can't say you aren't, but you know, he has matured, both him and Sirius" I said rolling my eyes at the two boys, "although you definitely cannot see that at first glance"

"Definitely" Lily agreed nodding vigorously before looking back at the two.

"What are you two on about" Marlene said inserting herself between the two of us as she slung an arm over both Lily and my shoulders.

"Oh us? Just about how much Sirius and James have matured" I said shrugging her arm off.

"Matured? Are you actually kidding Ali. If that's them matured then I shudder to think of what they were like to people in first year" She said pretending to shiver furiously as she clutched her heart.

"You should be glad you weren't in their dorm in first year" Remus said from beside me as he entered the conversation.

"Oh, believe me Remus, I couldn't be happier" Marlene said letting out a sigh of relief.

"I somehow still became friends with them though" Remus responded shaking his head as he stared at James and Sirius. "I think if Pete wasn't in the group too then I would have already left years ago, he's the only other sane one"

"Who says you and Pete are sane, you're friends with James and Sirius for goodness sakes, how could you be sane to befriend them in first year" I joked. Remus and Peter both but their hands on their hearts.

"How dare you insult us like this Alice" Peter said shaking his head with mock sadness.

"Yeah Ali, how could you betray us like this" Remus said wiping away a fake tear.

"My apologies, would you like it better if I lied and said that you were in fact the sanest people I know? Actually, that wouldn't be a lie really, Lily and Verity are dating James and Sirius and Marlene and Alice are practically our groups James and Sirius, you two are probably the sanest friends I have even though you aren't at all" I rambled.

"Hey" Marlene, Alice, Lily and Verity all said at once. I laughed at them as they all looked at me offended.

"I'm just playing around guys" I said swinging my arms over Remus and Marlene, only reaching them before my arms were too short to go any further. "Not really" I coughed under my breath.

"Pardon Alice" Remus said giving me a look.

"Nothing love" I said smiling at him.

---

"I am so incredibly stressed" Lily exclaimed loudly into the common room as she gripped at her hair. It was the morning of the first NEWT test and to say that all of the seventh years were freaking out would be an understatement. We were all beside ourselves.

"You can say that again" Alice muttered as she frantically flipped through the pages of her potions book.

"You'll all do fine" I complained standing up in the hopes that I would be able to escape and get some fresh air.

"Thats easy for you to say, you don't have to worry about these exams cause you already have a job secured" Lily snapped. I just turned around to face the door rolling my eyes.

"Just because I have a job spot doesn't mean I don't have to try hard, if I get bad marks they might take away my job or if I did get kicked out some day I wouldn't have anything to lean on, anyway, if you forgot, i've grown up around the teachers and my father is headmaster, if I get a bad mark i'm in for it from them" I said as I walked from the common room. These exams were making everyone stressed and upset and their moods were definitely taking a toll on my mood.

"Alice, what are you doing out here?! You should be studying for the test today" McGonagall's voice screeched from behind me.

"Sorry Minnie, I just needed some air, everyone's getting snappy in the common rooms" I said sighing loudly as I showed her that I did indeed have my potions book on me so I could finalise my study in time for the test which was taking place in roughly an hour.

"You have very little time left to study, you better get started, remember that just because you have a job doesn't mean you don't need to get good marks on your NEWT tests"

"I know, I know. But just because I try on this test does not mean I will be going to a different job" I said knowing exactly how nervous she was for me to be working with dragons.

"Just finish your studying, the test starts soon so don't be late" She said walking off. I nodded mindlessly as I took a seat by one of the windows, opening my potions book back up to re read over chapter 5 for what felt like the hundredth time. This was going to be one long week.

---

Hello all,

I'm trying to get back into the writing. As I mentioned on my actual account itself, i'm going through a couple issues, both with my creativity, school work, and personal life so I can't be sure of when stuff will get done but I will try my hardest. For now, heres another chapter, and for anyone reading my other series, the fifth book will be out as soon as I can.

Thanks a lot for reading,

7Justdealwithit7