Matching socks

I got the door to find McGonagall standing opposite it.

"Merry Christmas Minnie" I said hugging her.

"Merry Christmas to you to Ali, it's nice to see you've survived" She responded with a slightly smirk. I rolled my eyes at the obvious lack of trust everyone I knew had for the boys.

"Hey professor" Sirius yelled sliding down the banister.

"Mr Black" McGonagall said nodding her head just as the parents walked out and into the foyer as well.

"Ah, Minerva, I gather you are here to pick up Alice, come in" Mrs Potter said. McGonagall walked in and I ran upstairs to get my stuff. I grabbed my things and dragged them out to the stairs.

"Want some help there Snowy" James and Sirius said together making me jump.

"Yes please" I answered. They grabbed a side each and lifted it up with ease. "How in the world" I muttered.

"We're just strong Snowy, natural muscle here" Sirius said with a smirk. I sighed as they jumped down the stairs with me practically just touching the trunk with them doing all the work.

"Thanks boys" I said hugging them both as Remus and Peter came out from the kitchen.

"I'll see you very soon" I said hugging both Remus and Peter.

"Come on Alice dear, let's get you home" McGonagall said smiling at the adults. "Thank you very much for having her over"

"Yes, thanks heaps, it was very fun" I said nodding my head.

"It's no trouble, she was a wonderful house guest, she would be welcomed whenever she wishes, have a good rest of christmas Alice" Mrs Potter said.

"Thankyou, i'll see you boys soon, don't cause too much trouble" I said narrowing my eyes particularly in the direction of Sirius and James who were arm in arm pretending it was a tragic goodbye.

"Is that a challenge Snowy" Sirius said narrowing his eyes back.

"Yes, a challenge that I don't think you will succeed in" I said smiling mischievously.

"Well, I won't prank a single person in this house, slide down the banister or hold grudges against anyone" He responded.

"I'm holding you on that, i'm more than positive Remus and Peter will hold you on that to, not so sure about James though" I said looking towards James who saluted me.

"You've got me watching to" He said.

"Well, see you boys soon, thanks again" I said walking from the house.

"What am I going to do with her" McGonagall muttered.

"Hey, I heard that Minnie" I yelled over my shoulder.

We apparated to Hogsmeade before having to walk up the hill to the school, leaving me at a loss of breath. Not from the beauty of the school but from the tiring hill and painful stitch in my side.

"I'm to unfit, merlin I need to exercise" I said grabbing my side and toppling over to catch my breath.

"You tell that to Albus, he's determined with the fact that the Black lake is dangerous and nobody is allowed to swim in it, and on top of that nobody's allowed to run in or around the school" McGonagall said rolling her eyes.

"Nice idea, we should have a swimming contest" I said with wide eyes.

"That could be cool" McGonagall said as we walked into the great hall.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS" I yelled running in. It was halfway through lunch and with the small amount of people staying at the school they all sat at one small table in the centre of the room.

"How lovely of you to join us, Merry Christmas Ali" Dad said. I went and sat down next to him giving him a sideways hug.

"So Dad, how has your Christmas been so far" I said getting some vegetables.

"It's been very quiet, but my sock collection is bigger than ever" He replied. "You know what I always say, you can never have too many socks, and that has been proven this Christmas"

"At least your feet won't be cold this year" I said with a smirk.

"My feet are never cold, I know you'll make sure of that" Dad exclaimed with a chuckle.

"You're absolutely correct" I laughed.

---

I opened all my gifts from the teachers after they opened mine. Overall I received a lot of dragon based things.

Two small Dragon charms, one from Flitwick and the other from McGonagall, A new book on Dragon care from Slughorn, and, as a joking gift from Dad, I received matching socks for myself and my dragon.

"These are the cutest things i've ever seen" I said squealing slightly inside. As though sensing something was for her, Snowflake flew in and nudged me from behind scaring me.

"There you are Snowflake, look at what Dad got for us" I said holding up the socks. She sniffed them furiously. "Come here and let me put these on you" I said. She reluctantly jumped onto my lap and I put the four small socks on her.

"Nawwwww, look at you" I said as she stood up and wobbled slightly before gaining her footing. Snowflake snorted before lying down in a comfortable position.

"I think she likes them" Madam Hooch laughed quietly.

"So do I, thanks so much Dad" I said hugging him before putting my socks on. "Now I see why you love this brand of socks, they are the softest things i've ever felt" I said wriggling my feet in them.

"Now you see why i'm picky with socks" Dad said raising his eyebrows.

"I'm halfway there to understanding your abnormal love for socks" I said rolling my eyes.

"That's good to know, your getting there" Dad replied with a smile.

"This is why I love Christmas" I sighed.

---

Sorry for the short chapter. I'm just getting Christmas over and done with to start Alice's sixth year.

Hope your enjoying!