Stupid Snivellus

-Alice-

The week had passed in a blur and it was finally the end of the year and it was finally time for our OWL's to take place. I let out a sigh of frustration when we were walking down to the Defence against the dark arts OWL. The OWL's were frustrating me and this was our last one.

"I don't think i've studied enough, lets revise again, i'm going to fail" Lily sighed.

"Lil's, listen, you've studied the most out of us all, i'm sure you'll be fine" I said angrily. "I just need some time, i'm going to the boys for now and you can find me with them" I said walking over to the boys who were standing around the door to the hall. Remus looked nervous as did Peter but James and Sirius looked very laid back.

"Whats up" James said cooly.

"Lil's is being annoying, making me nervous by muttering about how she'll fail" I said leaning against a wall.

"WE ARE GOING TO GIVE YOU YOUR SEATING POSITIONS" The DADA teacher called. I sighed and waited for my name. When I was seated I looked to see Sirius to my left. James was further down and further back and Remus and Peter were on my right side but further back.

"You may begin" Our teacher said. I looked down to see the first question.

What is a boggart and how do you defeat one

I smiled at the simple question and scribbled down my answer. The rest of the exam went something like that until I reached a question on werewolf's. I beamed and scribbled down the answer. When I was finished I sat back in my chair and looked around. Sirius was lounging comfortably with his feet on the table, James was leaning back on his chair, Remus was looking through his answers and Peter was still going. I noticed James looking at Snape who was scribbling an essay with his nose inches from the page.

"FIVE MINUTES LEFT" Our teacher called. I flicked through my answers for the last five minutes until it was all pens down. I walked out with the crowd and found the boys.

"How was that question on werewolves though, five signs to show a werewolf" James said smirking. I walked up and put my arms around Sirius and James' shoulders.

"I loved it" I beamed.

"One, he's sitting in my chair, two, he's wearing my clothes and three, his name's Remus Lupin" Remus joked. I punched him lightly in the shoulder. "What about you guys, struggle with it" He said smirking.

"I could only get three" Peter muttered. I saw everyone roll their eyes.

"You run around with one every full moon Wormtail" Sirius said a little too loudly.

"Shut up Padfoot, people will hear" I said giving his a look. We sat down in front of a tree by the lake and did our own things. Remus was reading, Sirius was thinking deeply, and James had a snitch which he was playing around with. Peter was cheering on James.

"I'm booooooooored" Sirius whined.

"Of course you are" I said rolling my eyes.

"Look who it is" James said evilly. I looked over to see Snape standing up with his head in a book. I gave Remus a look of concern. James and Sirius jumped up and hung Snape up in the air with magic.

"Why, if it isn't Snivellus" Sirius smirked. I just stood back. I didn't know whether to intervene, but after what Alice and Marlene told me I wasn't so sure, I also caught his hexing a first year the other day. Just then I saw Lily storm up from the other side of the lake.

"PUT HIM DOWN" She screamed.

"Oh, hey Evans, go out with me" James said. I rolled my eyes at his immaturity.

"How many times do I have to say no Potter, take a hint, you're just an, arrogant, bullying, toerag" She yelled. She may have not seen it but I saw the hurt in James' eyes. She whipped out her wand.

"You wouldn't hurt me Evans" James said smirking.

"Oh yes I would" She said. "Let him down" She demanded James. James dropped him to the ground and he stood up quickly.

"You're lucky Evans was here Snivellus" James said rolling his eyes.

"I don't need help from filthy little mudbloods like her" Snape said. I gasped in shock.

"Fine, I won't help in the future Snivellus" Lily said striding away. I just stood in shock registering what had just happened. I ran over to Lily and gave her a huge hug letting her cry into my shoulder.

"It's ok Lily" I said comfortingly.

"It's just, I supported him for years and he just goes and spits out that word like it's normal to call your friends that ugly thing" She said bursting into a fresh set of tears.

"Come on, let's take you to the dorm room" I said helping her up and walked with an arm around her past Severus who had his head in his hands. I glared at him.

"Lil's" He said when he saw her but she just ignored him and walked past.

"Look what you've done, so much for being a friend" I hissed striding past with Lily. We walked up to the common room and past the staring people. I sat her down on her bed and turned to the others.

"I'm going to get us all dinner, comfort her as much as you can" I whispered to Alice and Marlene leaving the room. I sprinted down to the kitchens quickly and got plenty of soup and chocolate. I put it all in a bag and ran back upstairs. Thats where I found Snape sitting outside the common room.

"Alice" He said. I stared at him.

"How could you, have you seen the wreck you've made her, was she just a dummy to you" I said raising my voice.

"No, she wasn't, it just slipped out, could you get her for me, be a nice friend for me and help me apologise" He pleaded.

"It just slipped out, like it does every time you call the first years that, and why should I get her for you when she doesn't want to see you, also, I was your friend, emphasis on was, you don't call my bestie that foul word" I said harshly. He just sighed.

"I'm going to stay out here all night if she doesn't come out" He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, but if she doesn't want to talk it's not my fault Snape" I spat whispering the password so he couldn't hear it. I ran up to the dorm room and burst through the door.

"You show him Lil's" Alice said happily. "Whats up Ali, you looked stressed and angry"

"It's Snape, he's threatening to sleep outside the Gryffindor common room door if Lil's doesn't come and talk to him" I said quietly. Lily's face went from sadness to fury.

"Help me clean my face up, I don't want to look weak" She said walking trough to the bathroom. I followed and used magic to make her look like she hadn't been crying.

"You don't have to do this Lil's" I said quietly.

"But he'll stay out there, i'm not forgiving him but I would be happy to yell at him" She sniffed.

"Good luck" I said as she walked out of the dorm room. I rolled my eyes and sat on my bed sighing and leaning against the head of it. "You know, James really does like Lily, you should have seen the hurt in his face when she called him an arrogant, bullying toerag" I whispered.

"and everyone can see that she likes him, even though she won't admit it, she most definitely had fun with him when we went into the forest last week" Marlene said with a thinking face.

"We don't really mind the boys, we just find them annoying" Alice sighed.

"yep, they really..." I began but Lily came running in a moment later.

"That ridiculous traitor, thinks he can just apologise after saying something that mean, I regret ever standing up for him" Lily said fuming. I walked over and calmed her down. We ate some of the food and stayed like that for the rest of the night.