[Chapter 29]

~~~~~~~~~Next Morning~~~~~

Ayumi POV

I sighed looking out the window ignoring my friend Naruto.

"Okay class quiet down. I have a few announcements before class starts. We are having a Sing-a-long at school this Friday and we need participants. So I will put the sign up sheet up here and you can sign up after class." the teacher said. "Oh my gosh we should definitely sign up," Naruto said towards me. I smiled softly at Naruto. "Sorry Naruto you know I don't sing anymore..... besides I'm not good with singing in front of people anyways." I lied. I don't really talk about my mother or father incident at school or to people in general. Naruto pouted. "Okay..."

~~~~~~~~~End of Class~~~~~~

Sakura's POV

"Sakura are you gonna sign up for the Sing-a-long thing" Ino asked.

"Yeah... but I have something a little better in mind" I smirked as I watched Ayumi leave.

Ino looked to where I was looking at then looked back at me. "What are you looking at Sakura?" she questioned. I looked at her annoyed. Why do I have such idiotic friends?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Next Day same class~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ayumi POV

"Okay class before we start let me announce the people who have signed up so far:

Naruto Uzumaki

Hinata

Ino, Sakura, and Karin

Sasuke

Temari

Ayumi

"What" I questioned to myself. "Wow Ayumi I didn't know you were going to sing this is totally exciting! We can practice together and..."

I tuned out the over excited Naruto. What was the meaning of this?! I didn't sign up for this! What? No! Who could have done this? That's when I heard Sakura's little group laughing. I glared in their direction. None of them seemed to notice except Sakura. She only gave me an evil smirk. Of fucking course Sakura would be the one. She's the ONLY one that loves to mess with me. She must have overheard my conversation with Naruto yesterday. Does she really think that I'm scared to sing in front of people? I don't get stage fright. Well that's not entirely true every time I try to sing I can't help but think back to that terrible day. That day I lost everything..... "Ayumi?" Sasuke questioned. My attention turned to the curious looking male. "Yes?" I questioned a little bitter. He didn't mind my bitterness though. He looked passed it because he knew something was wrong. "What's wrong?" he asked. My bitterness escaped me once I saw how worried he was. "I... I'll tell you after class" I muttered. That didn't seem to reassure him that I was okay. To be honest I wasn't okay ,but I will be. All I have to do is tell the teacher it was a miss understanding. Then the teacher said something that meant I can't back out. What she said was, "Class this Song-a-long is for charity so give it your all nothing less or more." I can't back out if it's for charity. I'll look like a bad person! I buried my head in my hands this is really bad! I refuse I can't sing at that stupid sing-a-long!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~After Class~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I gathered my stuff and walked up to the teacher. "Ummm Excuse me? May I talk to you about the Sing-a-long?" I asked the teacher. "Oh this Sing-a-long is going to be such a great success! Students participating, so much talent and it's all for charity! I'm really glad you decided to sign up as well Ayumi it will be a great chance for you to make yourself known" she said. Great.... "So what did you want to talk about?" the teacher asked. "...... Oh nothing!" I said with a fake smile before quickly leaving. As I left the class I saw a boredly looking Sasuke waiting outside the classroom. For me I'm guessing. I walked up to him. He glanced down at me. I forgot how tall he was. At this angle he looked very cute. "So what's wrong?" Sasuke asked. I sighed. Always straight to the point. "it's... About the sing-a-long" I started. "oh that? It's kind of a drag, but it's okay if it's for charity I guess" sasuke said. "I can't do it! I can't sing I just can't! I exclaimed. Sasuke was a bit taken back by my outburst. "ohhhh? Why not?" he questioned. "because... I just can't..." I muttered. Sasuke knowing that I didn't want to talk about it said "then just tell the teacher it was a mix up" Sasuke said. "it's not that simple if I back out now I will look like a complete jerk. Plus I highly believe Sakura was behind how my name mysteriously ended up on that list." I said. He raised an eyebrow at me. he was curious at why I wouldn't sing. I refused to talk about it however. I sighed. "don't worry I'll think of something" he said. I smiled at him. "thank you you're a lifesaver" I said before walking off.

Sasuke POV

I sighed in relief. She doesn't seem to be mad at me anymore. I smirked. She actually smiled at me. When was the last time I've seen her smile? [AN: Literally yesterday -.-'] When was the last time I hugged or kissed her. It feels like so long. I'm gonna have to change that maybe if I find her a way out of this, she'll give me an appreciation kiss. I smirked. I never thought I would go to such drastic measures just to kiss a nerd. She has some affect on me....

*bell rings*

Fuck I'm late.....