Prologue

Lyric lifted her son in the air blowing raspberries on his exposed abdomen. He giggled not being able to formulate full words yet. Sadly, he was behind most kids in his develop stages. She put him back down so she could put on his tiny onesie. She had to be to work soon and she didn't want him to be fussy. Per usual, he didn't want to be away from his mommy. She wished she could leave him with his father Jeremiah but she never knew where he was or when to get in contact with him. There was always a plethora of different women at his house and Lyric didn't feel comfortable with that many strangers around Lucas. Lucas and Jeremiah have only met a handful of times. Jeremiah said he wasn't particularly ready for a baby. Lyric told him that neither was she but she had him and she loves him. Jeremiah was still annoyed with Lyric because she didn't abort Lucas.

"Lucas, I have to go to work now, okay?" He didn't respond, just made grabby hands at his mother. She called her best friend, Maia, because she was off of her job today. She asked her if she would be able to watch Lucas for a little while. Maia laughed and told her that she didn't need to ask and that she'll be there in five minutes to pick him up. Lyric sat him on her lap and bounced him softly.

"She's almost here."