6

"I'm so glad I can finally call you mine Rosa. I've waited for so long." I whispered to my wife.

"I love you baby." Rosa said turning in bed to kiss me. I held her close pulling her body closer to mine deepening the kiss. She pulled away and giggles. I looked into her beautiful eyes and kiss her nose.

"I can't wait until we have this baby Princess."

"Baby we still have Lucas he's only 6."

"I know, but he's not little like he used to be." Rosa got up and my focus went directly towards her tiny baby bump. I then engulfed her in a big hug and kissed her shoulder making her giggle. I then kneeled down in front of her and kissed her tummy and whispered an "I love you" to our unborn child. Then Lucas walked into the room and immediately started talking to his little sibling.

"Hi little sister. It's me Luke."

"Luke, we don't even know what gender it is." Rosa laughed.

"I know it's gonna be a girl. And I'm gonna be the best big brother ever."

..........

I woke up feeling no weight against my body. Checking my phone I noticed it was only 5 pm. I felt around the bed for Rosa, but she was nowhere to be found. I turned and a white piece of paper caught my eye. Opening it, my eyes quickly skimmed it. It was a note from Rosa saying she went to get her stuff. Kimberli called and said she was kicking her out. All her stuff would be on the lawn and to leave her key. I quickly got up and called Rosa immediately to see if she needed any help.

"Hello?"

"Hey Rosa, I saw your note. Do you need any help getting your stuff?"

"Kimberli broke most of my stuff, so the stuff that's not broken isn't hard to move."

"Are you sure? What did she break?"

"All my pictures, the ring my abuelita gave me is missing, and my laptop. All I have now is clothes and a few purses and some of my makeup and jewelry."

"I'm coming up there."

"Lyric that's not necc-"

"I'll be there soon." I called Maia, Eli, and Chelsea. If I was gonna get my girl's stuff back, I need help. I got in my car and headed towards Rosa's old apartment. When I got there, Maia, Eli, and Chelsea greeted me. The door was open and I didn't see Rosa on the lawn.

"Where do you think she i-"

"WHERE'S MY STUFF?" We rushed inside to find Rosa pinning Kimberli against the wall. Now neither of them were tall, their heights being 5'1" and 5'2", respectively. But somehow Rosa had Kimberli against the wall in such a way, it looked like it hurt. "I SAID WHERE THE HELL IS MY STUFF KIMBERLI?"

"It's just a ring and a stupid laptop."

"KIMBERLI YOU KNOW WHAT THE RING MEANS TO ME."

"Yes, but it doesn't seem that important."

"THAT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE SELF-ABSORBED, ARROGANT, AND INSENSITIVE!"

"GET OFF! YOU'RE HURTING ME!"

"DO I LOOK LIKE I FREAKING CARE IF I'M HURTING YOU KIMBERLI? GIVE ME MY STUFF BEFORE I CALL THE POLICE!"

"WHY DON'T YOU JUST CALL YOUR FREAKING GIRLFRIEND ROSA!" Rosa paused and started blushing. "I KNEW IT. I KNEW SHE WAS YOUR GIRLFRIEND YOU LESBIAN!" She then pushed Rosa off of her making her almost fall but I caught her just in time.

"Lyric?" she said looking up at me.

"It's okay, I'm here. In fact, I brought back up." I said pointing to Maia, Chelsea, and Eli. Rosa giggled and gave me a big hug.

"Thank you for coming to my rescue." she said kissing my cheek.

"Always."

"Alright ladies, here's what's gonna happen." Eli raised his voice. I looked at him sideways because in the 15 years I've known him he's never raised his voice. He was always the calm one. "It's simple. Kimberli you give Rosa back her stuff and Rosa will leave and we will all pretend like this never happened okay? Okay, now let's go." Eli ushered Kimberli. Kimberli stood there and gave Eli an annoyed look.

"Why the hell are you people here?"

"We are here to help Rosa." Maia said.

"Give her her things Kimberli." said Chelsea.

"Ugh, just leave me alone."

"You know what? Come on Rosa. You and I will get your things together." I say taking her hand and pushing past Kimberli. Rosa jumps on my back and we walk to the back of the house where her room is. We walk in and I see that everything is light blue. "I'm guessing light blue is your favorite color."

"Hey! How'd you know?" she said with a giggle.

"Just a hunch I guess." I put all of her pictures in a box. We walked back out and Eli had the ring and laptop. "El, just put it in my truck. And, you. Kimberli. Don't ever talk to Rosa again. You've betrayed her." I slammed the door in her face and carried Rosa to the passenger side on my truck. She looked so sad. "Rosa? Babe are you okay?" I say giving her a look of remorse.

"It's just that me and Kimberli had been best friends since middle school. We've been together through thick and thin and now it's all gone." she said with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"It's gonna be okay. Eli, Maia, Chelsea, and I are here. We will be your best friends. And I promise, none of us will betray you like Kimberli did."

"Thank you Lyric. You've been so kind to me. I don't know how to thank you."

"I know how you can thank me."

"How?"

"Let me take you out."

"Out where?"

"To dinner."

"When?"

"Tonight."