14

"What!"

"We're having a baby. Rosa is 5 weeks pregnant."

"Is now the time to expand your family?" Mr. Alex questioned.

"Dad-"

"No, Rosa let me." I stepped closer to him. "Let me tell you something. Rosa and I love each other and we love Luke. We are ready to have more children so we can love them forever. Now if you can't respect that, get the HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE. Don't come back until you learn to get your head out of your as-"

"Lyric!" There was a familiar voice that wasn't invited.

"Miracle."

"How could you not invite me?"

"Miracle I-"

"Miracle, we didn't think you would want to come. We are so sorry." Rosa said interrupting me.

"I wasn't talking to your little Mexican ass now was I?"

"Don't talk to my wife like that!"

"Ohhhh, so you married the Mexican?"

"Miracle why are you here?"

"WHY ARE ANY OF US HERE!?" Mr. Alex screamed. "Carina let's go, we're leaving!"

"Lyric, I think I'm gonna be sick."

"Go sit baby. Relax for a bit." I guided Rosa to the couch and sat her down. She didn't need this right now. She didn't need this at all. I walked back into the dining room to find everyone quarreling. "Everyone is here because Rosa and I wanted to share our good news with all of you. Why do you keep letting past events get in the way of what's happening in the present!? And Miracle I told you not to come around here ever again so why do you keep coming?" I looked at Luke. He was at my feet playing with his toys. I bent down so he could hear me. "Luke why don't you go keep mommy company okay?" He nodded and walked toward her. "Mr. Flores, I don't understand how you can be so angry with your daughter. For the love of God she's your only child! Nothing she does should make you stop loving her. She's a strong and independent woman and you have to respect that. You aren't always gonna agree with some of things that she does, but you should still love her! Same to you dad. Why do you feel the need to take Luke away from us? We are his loving parents. And why are you so mad at me? I didn't do anything wrong! I love Rosa, that " incident" you're so hellbent on was just our first fight. We talked it through and admitted that we both overreacted so why can't you except that. And Kimberli-" I was cut off by gunshots. I heard them going through the windows. I knew who it was. Miracle's pimp. Why does he always have to shoot up my place of residence? Everyone started freaking out. "Everyone please calm down!" Then I realised that Rosa and Luke were in the living room. "Everyone stay under the dining room table, I'm gonna get Luke and Rosa. I made my way into the living finding Luke and Rosa hiding behind the couch. They were both crying. I decided to hide there with them. "Rosa, honey are you two okay? Is anyone hurt?"

"Luke is fine Lyric but-" I looked down to see that her torso was bleeding. She had been shot in the side. "I went to pick up Luke and then all of a sudden, there were bullets flying through our windows. I ran as quickly as I could so I could save Luke, but I got shot in the side." she said with tears streaming down her face.

"Love, I'm so sorry. I wanted this to be perfect for you. I'm gonna call the police and get you an ambulance. You're gonna be alright I promise."

"Lyric I don't know if I can-" She had passed out. I kept trying to wake her up but she would just open her eyes slightly and close them again.

"We're gonna get you some help." I sat her on my lap and picked up Luke. I held them closer than I had ever held them before.

...........