2

After giving birth to Lucas I began to feel immense sadness. There was no regret, just sadness and stress. I didn't think it was postpartum depression. I also began looking at women in a --- different --- way. Instead of just "she's pretty" it became "she's really attractive." This new girl at work, Rosa, is one of the most beautiful girls I've ever met. I met her 6 years ago, when her father was my advisor, and in my senior year of college, he was my General Human Relations professor. Back when I met her, she was just 15 years old, and I didn't look at girls like that. Now, she's 21 and muy hermosa.

"Lyric, stop staring." My best friend, Eli, pinched my arm. Rosa had just started today and I kept looking at her.

"Eliii! I'm not staring, per se."

"So what would you call it?"

"Browsing?"

"How is it browsing if you're only 'browsing' one person."

"Ok, maybe I was staring."

"Maybe?"

"Stop judging me!"

"Lyr, I'm most definitely not judging you."

"Hi!"

The goddess herself stood behind us. Eli raised an eyebrow at me, because my breath started to get labored. I could feel her staring at us and I tried to hide my current respiratory issues due to her presence.

"Is she okay?"

"Oh, um. Lyric? Yeah, she's fine. I'm gonna go, um, call my, um dog." Eli gets up and ditches me while I send daggers through his blonde hair.

"What's his problem? Call his dog?"

"I know right. So weird." I forced my laughter, but ended up choking on my own tongue.

"Oh my God! Are you okay? Do I need to call someone? Water? I'll get you some water." Rosa started to walk away, but I grabbed her arm. "Yes?"

"Please stay."

"Oh, um okay." Rosa shifted uncomfortably on her heels. I hoped it was only because she was standing over me.

"You can sit if you want to."

"Oh ok." Rosa sat down in a chair directly next to me, and there was an awkward silence that hung over us. I don't know why it was awkward on her part, but I know for me, that it was awkward because I think I'm starting to like her. Oh god! I'm falling for a girl. I can't fall for a girl. I have to suppress this.

"Hey Rosa?"

"Yes?"

"You wanna hang out after work?"

"Sure, Lyric."

"All right, give me your number so I can text you or something."

"OK." Rosa handed her phone to me, and I handed mine to her. We exchanged phone numbers and I started to breathe regularly.

"I have to go finish my work, I'll see you later I guess."

"Oh ok, bye bye." Rosa got up from the chair and sauntered back to her desk.