19

"Mama! Please!! Can you please play catch with me?"

"Luke, I told you give me a minute."

"I did! I gave you 60 seconds."

"Luke, when someone says give me a minute they don't mean an actual minute."

"Oh. So why do they say it?"

"It's just a saying."

"I don't like sayings."

"Why not, Luke?"

"They confuse me. I'm only a little boy."

"Yes that is true. And you are the cutest little boy ever." As soon as I said, that Matty started whining. "I guess someone's a little jealous?"

"Matty, why are you fussy today?" Rosa picked up Matty and bounced him lightly on her. He quickly calmed down. "Baby, where's EJ?"

"She's with your mom love. She's changing her."

"Oh okay, I got a little worried."

"I know love. Are you ready for our first family day?"

"Of course! I'm so excited!"

"Me too. Are Eli and Chelsea coming?"

"I just got off the phone with them, and they'll be here in half an hour."

"Okay, that gives us enough time to get ready."

"Mommy will you play catch with me?"

"Lukey, baby boy, last time we played catch I fell down honey."

"I promise I won't throw it really hard and far this time Mommy."

"Sweetie not right now. Uncle Eli is coming over, maybe he will play catch with you."

"Please Mommy?"

"Luke, why don't you go see if Abuela needs any help. Mommy and I are busy right now."

"Okay Mama." Luke began to walk away with a pout.

"Luke honey, Uncle Eli and I will play catch with you later I promise."

"Okay Mommy." He ran to Rosa and hugged her legs.

.............

Rosa and I were playing with Matty and EJ when there was a knock on the door. I got up and answered the door; it was Eli and Chelsea. I greeted with a big hug and let them in the house. Chelsea ran straight toward Rosa and the babies. Rosa and Chelsea had grown really close since we've been together. I loved how close they were. Eli and I had grown closer too. We told each other everything and always looked out for one another. I picked up Matty, and Eli and I walked toward the backyard. Rosa picked up EJ, and quickly followed with Chelsea right behind. Rosa and I sat EJ and Matty on a blanket in the grass, and let them play together. Eli grabbed a football and started playing catch with Luke. Rosa and I sat next to Chelsea on our patio.

"So C, how's the pregnancy going?" I started.

"Great actually! Eli has been very helpful, I know he's gonna be the best dad ever. I mean look at him. The way he acts with Luke is amazing! Our kids are gonna be so happy."

"That's great Chels. I'm glad everything is going fine."

"But..."

"Oh no, there's a but."

"I need advice from you two. I mean everything went well with your pregnancies."

"Oh, it's not that hard you just have to stay relaxed and make sure Eli is there when you need him."