Epilogue

The next morning I woke up to a child sitting on my chest staring at me.

"Yes?"

"You said last night we had to pack early to go home," Luke smiled.

"Yes I did. I didn't mean to ambush us silly."

"Mama, what is ambush?"

"What you did to me!" I laughed and scooped him up. "Let's go pack bubba."

"Mama!" He stopped us in the doorway of the guestroom.

"Yes?"

"Lily and I already packed!"

"Oh really?" I questioned raising my eyebrow.

"Yes Mama," he laughed.

"When was that bubba?"

"When you and Mommy were dancing in the garden?"

"Luke, we were dancing at midnight and one o'clock in the morning."

"I know Mama."

"What were you and Lily doing up so late?" I asked as we walked down the stairs.

"Mama, I told you. We were packing."

"And you both finished?"

"Yes Mama."

"How about we go see?"

"Okay," Luke agreed hopping down from my hip. He took my hand and led me to the back guest room that he and Lily were staying in. We opened the door together and Lily was watching a movie.

"Lily! It's seven o'clock in the morning. Luke told me that you guys were up until one o'clock."

"He's right Mama."

"So what are you doing up?

"I, for some reason, have loads of energy right now!" She said jumping from the bed and leaping onto me.

"Well how about we go make some breakfast that we can take with us to the airport so we can eat before we get on the plane." I figured we'd eat in the car.

"Great idea Mama!" The both of them sauntered off to the kitchen with me slowly walking behind them. As we entered the kitchen, I saw Rosa walking down the stairs. She looked very unhappy.

"Baby what's wrong?"

"You have a text from Miracle," she said sounding as though she was holding back tears.

"What? What did it say?"

"She broke up with Jakob and now he going to come after us!" She whispered yelled so she wouldn't let the kids hear.

"Why can't my sister just join a damn convent! Then none of her psychotic maniac boyfriends can freaking trying to kill everybody in t-!"

"I think it's best that we get going now. I got the twins all packed."

"Babe our flight is not for a few more hours. Going to the airport almost four hours early just makes us sitting ducks."

"Okay, maybe. But I don't want to stay here. I can't let my mom get hurt."

"She left last night. But I see what you're saying. Have Luci help you put some things in the car and then I'll be out with the kids."

I quickly helped Luke and Lily make breakfast for us --- they were only egg sandwiches but it brought me so much joy to see them so happy that they created this. I put them in a container.