16

**EJ in the Media**

"Rosa, she's beautiful." Ms. Carina smiled at her. We were back home. Well, our new home. We had to move because of, well, Miracle. We moved out of the city actually. Our closest neighbor is down the block. Luke has all the backyard space he could ever want. I actually started a little garden for Rosa with Eli's help. He had been keeping an eye on it. He and Chelsea actually helped me move in. Because I was with Rosa at the hospital, they took all our stuff, and put it in the new house. I've only actually been there twice in 8 months.

"Thanks Mami. Where's dad?"

"Oh, um. Your father. He, um, "

"Mami, you seem nervous about something. What's wrong?" Carina pulled me to the side and whispered, "Lyric, I can't tell her. I can't break her heart like that. I don't want to see her cry".

"Rosie, your mom and I have something to tell you."

"What is it baby?" I sat down next to her and held her hand.

"Your mom and dad got a divorce Rosa."

"Mami? Is that true?"

"Yes Rosalina. I'm sorry."

"When did this happen?"

"When you were in a coma."

"You wanted the divorce?"

"I did sweetie. Your father treated us horribly. He was holding both of us back."

"I know Mami. I'm proud of you for standing up to him."

"Really!? I did it all for you sweetheart."

"Why Mami?"

"Because you deserve the best mija. I want you and Lyric to be happy and your father was causing drama."

"I love you Mami."

"Te quiero mucho Mija." Carina embraced Rosa in a hug. While they were hugging my phone rang. It was the hospital.

"Hello... Yes this is she... What!?...Yes...Yes we'll be down shortly." I hung up the phone in shock.

"Lyric what's wrong?"

"They got papers lost --- they misfiled."

"Lyric?"

"We have another baby."

"What!?"

"EJ has a twin brother."

..........

How could this happen? Well let me tell you how it happen. I was with Luke when they told me it was time to deliver the baby. Since Rosa was in a coma, the doctors never really checked up on Rosa. Dumb doctors, you would think they check on her more! When they did they kept the ultrasounds to themselves. We just thought it was one baby. When I finally got Luke to sleep EJ had already been born. There was no need to question anything because we didn't know. The hospital misfiled the baby and put his last name as Jackson instead of Johnson. It took them a week to figure it out.

"Ms. Carina can you please stay here with Luke and EJ?"

"Of course Lyric."

"Um, Rosa. We'll call Eli and Chelsea from the car and ask them to pick up a few things for him. Like a carseat, some diapers, bottles. We'll go shopping for the big stuff tomorrow. I still have Luke's crib that he can sleep in tonight before we get him his own."

"We have a son!"

"Yes we do. Now let's go get our son."

..........