25

"Ms. Johnson, if you need anything, don't hesitate to press this button." Nurse Garcia motioned to the white button on the wall.

"Thank you Nurse Garcia."

"Please call me Josie."

"Thank you Josie."

"Anytime." She left the room, quietly closing the door, but not before shutting the blinds. I had just been moved to recovery after my surgery. I'm still numb, the anesthetic hasn't worn off yet, but I know when it does I'll be in a lot of pain. But, it's better to deal with this pain now when the kids are young then in 10 years when it could be too late. I started thinking about the kids. Luke and EJ were with Ms. Mia. Rosa had taken Matty home with her. I was hoping she'd have come before my surgery but I guess she didn't want to. I have faith she'll come later though, at least, that's what I am hoping.

I lay back and turn on the television. Nothing good is on really. I finally settled on a spanish soap opera. All of sudden I start crying because the girl reminded me of Rosa. Then suddenly Dr. Norris walked in the room. She was on the phone.

"Hey Lyric, how are you feeling?"

"Nothing right now." I gave her a small smile.

"There's someone on the phone for you, are you up for talking?"

"I guess so." She handed me the phone and I put it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"LYRIC! BABY ARE YOU OKAY!?"

"Rosa?"

"BABY I'M SO SORRY I DIDN'T COME SEE YOU. MATTY WASN'T FEELING WELL."

"Rosa, babygirl, I need you to calm down. I'm fine, I promise. I was a little worried that you weren't gonna come. I thought you were mad at me."

"Why would I be mad at you?"

"Yesterday, you seemed a little bothered by what I said, and you just left with Matty."

"Oh. I'm so sorry baby, I just was really worried and I'm not really sure if I can handle the kids by myself."

"Rosy, you do it all the time!"

"But my mom is always here. She hasn't been around for awhile. I even heard her talking on the phone saying she wanted to move out. Lyric she is never home."

"You can do it babygirl! I believe in you. Plus you can always ask Ms. Mia or Eli and Chelsea to watch them if you need a break."

"I don't wanna keep asking them, they have been watching them a lot lately."

"Baby, I promise you that they don't mind."

"Promise."

"Love, I just promised."

"Promise again please."

"I promise 1000 times over. I swear, if they minded they would tell you. They are some very opinionated people. Partly the reason I love them so much."

"That's so cute Lyric."

"I try."

"How are you feeling Lyric?"

"I haven't felt any pain yet."

"That's good."

"The anesthetic just hasn't worn off yet."

"Oh no."

"Josie said it will soon."

"Who the hell is Josie?"