29

Rosa was exhausted, so when we exited the plane, Luke walked with EJ and I had Rosa on my back and Matty in my arms. Because we sent everything ahead, all we had on the plane was diaper bags. My truck arrived yesterday and it was dropped off at the airport today; the car seats were even there too. Luke ran to my truck with EJ. He strapped her in and came back for Matty. He wobbled to the truck because Matty was heavier than EJ. I slipped Rosa into the passenger seat and strapped her in. The kids were all strapped in and Luke was falling asleep. He was being really good because he helped me with his siblings. We drove for about an hour, until we got to our new house. I always wanted a house someplace where my closest neighbors were far away. Close enough where if everything is on fire they can notice, but far away enough so that crying babies and loud television won't affect them.

"Rosa, wake up!" I poked her arms, kind of hard, and she shot up.

"What?"

"We're at our new home."

"Really?"

"Yeah, look love," I said pointing to the house.

"Is that our house Mama?"

"Yes Luke,"

"Luke, honey, will you help me with the twins?" Rosa said getting out of the car.

"Yes Mommy," Rosa helped Luke out of the car, and then she grabbed Matty. Luke picked up EJ and they headed toward the front door. I quickly grabbed the diaper bags and unlocked the front door so we could walk inside.

"Where's my room Mommy?" Luke said to Rosa.

"I don't know sweetie, why don't you ask Mama."

"Mama?"

"Why don't we take Matty and EJ upstairs to get settled and then I will show you your room, does that sound okay?"

"Yes Mama," we actually ran up the stairs and Luke started to open all of the doors. The first room was a big room with a purple and grey bed in it --- that was Rosa and I's bedroom. The next room was a semi-big room with a dark red crib on one side and a deep blue one of the other. I walked to the red one and placed down EJ. Rosa slowly put down Matty in the blue one.

"Rosa, we'll paint their rooms tomorrow if you want," I whispered in her ear as I walked up behind her.

"Really!?" She half-shouted exuberantly.

"Of course. We'll get everything tomorrow morning after we've unpacked," I held her close to me.

"I'm so excited for our new life!" She smiled. I bent down to Luke's level and held his hand.

"I promise you we won't forget our previous life, we'll just add this life to it Luke."

"So two lives Mama?"

"I guess so, then."

"Can we got to my room now?"

"Sure," I started picking him up, but he sprinted down the hall opening all the doors. He came to a room at the end of the hall that was almost as big as ours.

"Mama! Is this my room!?" Luke screamed spinning around in the center of his room. I wanted to play with him and say no, but I guessed that would be mean.

"Of course Luke!"

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." He continuously said jumping around. He had a big boat bed.

"No problem Luke. Should Mommy and I leave you to love your new room?"

"Yes please."

"Can you do us a favor?"