1

21 year old Lyric Johnson sat in her General Human Relations class. It was the first day of the spring semester in her senior year in college and she was excited to graduate. She had a few months left and then she could go back home. It had been a little while since she was able to fly home, and she had been able to see her sister. Her sister, Miracle, had just gotten her first boyfriend and she was acting a little crazy. Lyric tried not to think about boys because it was hard for her to focus.

          The door swung open, and as it opened a tall boy, who looked around Lyric's age came strolling in. He had this i-don't-care-you-can't-talk-to-me sort of attitude and it threw Lyric off. But for some reason, this intrigued Lyric, so she kept staring at him. She hated how she was internally fighting with herself. She wasn't suppose to pay any attention to guys, she was here to get her degree. She wasn't suppose to care about guys especially those who acted like they were jerks, but here she was being a hypocrite, internally of course.

          "Mr. Hart, class commenced twenty minutes ago."

          "Yeah, I know Professor Flores."

          "Why are you late sir?"

          "Don't know."

         "Excuse me, take your seat, and see me after class."

         Lyric followed this boy with her eyes, examining every single detail about him.

       "Do you need something woman?"

        Lyric, caught off guard, began stuttering and blushing. "N-n-no. S-sorry."