9

I awoke to banging downstairs. It wasn't coming from the door, but a window. Sighing, I walked downstairs. I knew who it was. Jeremiah. Lucas' father. You know that saying, "anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a daddy"? Well, I think it was written about him.

"Lyric, baby. How have you been?"

"Jeremiah I'm not your baby and Luke isn't here right now."

"WHERE THE HELL IS MY SON!?"

"OH SO NOW HE'S YOUR SON?"

"ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION."

"HE'S AT MY DAD'S JEREMIAH."

"Call him right now and tell him to get my son here. NOW!"

"I really don't have to listen to you."

"Lyric? Is everything alright, I heard yelling."

"Who's this puta?"

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING PUTA?" Rosa lunged at him. She started screaming at him in Spanish catching him off guard. I don't know what she was saying but damn it was sexy and it sure was putting Jeremiah in his place.

"You need to take your Mexican ass back to Mexico and stay the hell out of this conversation! This is none of your business!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS!? I GET WOKEN UP BY YOU, A POOR EXCUSE FOR A FATHER, BECAUSE YOU SUDDENLY WANT TO SEE YOUR SON? NEWS FLASH PAPI! LYRIC IS OVER YOUR SORRY ASS. SHE'S WITH ME NOW SO I'M GONNA NEED YOU TO GET THE HELL OUT OF MY FACE AND LEAVE!"

"Lyric, where did you find her dumbass? Did you catch her crossing the border? Is she an illegal? Does she understand English?"

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!?" Suddenly Rosa took a deep breath and calmed herself down. "You know what? Call me a dumbass Mexican that doesn't speak English, but guess what I have your girl. She's MY girlfriend now. And on top of that, we live together, and soon we will get married and live happily ever after." she said with a smile. "So you can hate on me all you want because bitch, I have want you don't, and it's always gonna be that way. I need you to get off my property before I personally make you."

"I'm sorry...you must have me mistaken for someone who gives a damn! What are you gonna do Mami, hit me with your tiny ass little hands? Curse me out in Mexican? Well guess what? I'm not scared of your little midget ass."

"You don't have to be. You can be scared of this though!" Rosa pulled out pepper spray and sprayed Jeremiah's eyes. "Now get the hell away from here and don't come back you bastard!" She slammed the door shut and hugged me. "I'm sorry Lyric."

"Why are you sorry? That was amazing! I would have never stood up to him like that!"

"I just hate that he hurt you so much. I hate that he made you question your self worth." I didn't respond just hung my head. "Lyric can I show you something?"

"Sure?" Taking her hand, she led me upstairs to my bathroom. She stood me in front of the mirror and traced along my face.

"Lyric, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever met. I never want you to think otherwise."

"Okay."