12

"Mom?"

"Lyric, baby. You look so beautiful."

"Mommy, where am I?"

..........

"Where is Lyric Johnson?" I heard a sweet, soft, Latina voice. "What do you mean you can't tell me? Where is she?" I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. "Please let me see her, " the woman said begging. It was Rosa, I recognized her voice.

"I'm sorry ma'am but only close friends and family are allowed to visit. I'm sorry but a Rosa Flores is not listed here on possible visitors."

"I know. Um, I was in Portugal for the past year for an internship, and I wasn't supposed to come back until next year. Then I got a phone call saying that my fiancée was in the hospital. Please let me see her."

"Oh, well I guess I can make an exception since you're her fiancée."

"Oh thank you, thank you so much!" I heard the door open and close. I acted like I'm asleep. Seeing that I couldn't open my eyes it wasn't that hard. "Lyric? Oh Lyric I'm so sorry for this. This is all my fault! Ugh, how could I be do stupid? You were the best thing that has ever happened to me. We were meant to be and I ruined it all. I love you so much Lyric. I always will. Remember that night I told you I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you and Lucas? Well I meant it. I want to wake up every morning knowing that when I open my eyes, I will see your beautiful face. I want to hold you in my arms every night. Lyric I wanna marry you! I want us to have a future with you! I want us to have more children and live happily ever after! I know this isn't a fairy tale but being with you sure does feel like one. You are a dream come true. I want you and Lucas to be apart of my life. If you ever wake up, I wanna marry you Lyric Johnson. I want you to make me the happiest woman on Earth and be my wife." I felt her kiss my cheek. "I wish I could go back in time and change the way I handled things. I wouldn't have walked out on you and Lucas. I should've handled it better; I should've stayed and worked it out. Please, if you can hear me, please don't leave me. I can't be without you in this world." I felt her tears drip onto my cheeks. "Please wake up Lyric." Then I heard the door open again, and I heard other voices. It was Eli, Maia, and Chelsea.

"Rosa, you look terrible!" I heard Chelsea say.

"Get the hell away from her. This is all your fault!" said Eli. Then I heard a loud thud and screaming.

"YOU ASS! YOU ALMOST KILLED HER SO NOW YOU'RE GONNA PAY!" It was Maia.

"P-please s-stop. I can't breathe." Rosa said faintly.

"MAIA STOP CHOKING HER! YOU'RE GONNA KILL HER!"

"DO I LOOK LIKE I CARE?!" Then there was another loud thud then Chelsea screamed.

"Eli go get a nurse! Maia how could you!?" I heard someone start to cough uncontrollably. "Rosa, we are so sorry. I heard what you were saying to Lyric, you must really love her. We are gonna get you some help okay?"

"What did she say?" said Maia.

"Well lucky for you I recorded it. I wanted Lyric to hear it when she woke up." She then turned on the recording and Maia started to cry.

"I'm so sorry Rosa! I didn't know." Then I heard the door open again.

"Ma'am, please tell me, what happened?"

"I almost choked my best friend's girlfriend to death!" Maia said running out of the room crying. Rosa started coughing again.

"Ma'am we are gonna get you examined and see if you have any injuries. Sir, can you help me lift her off the ground into this wheelchair?"

"Of course." Eli said.

"Everything will be alright Rosa. Lyric's gonna wake up soon and you two will work things out." said Chelsea in a hopeful tone. I heard the door open and close again and I assumed Rosa was gone.

"Chelsea? Eli?" I whispered.

"Lyric?" Eli said.

"Yeah Eli it's me."

"Can you open your eyes?"

"I don't think so. I've tried but it didn't work. Is Rosa in here?"

"No, a nurse took her away because Maia choked her."

"I really hope she's okay."

"Lyric?" said Chelsea.

"Yeah?"

"Did you hear what Rosa said to you?"

"Yeah, why?"

"She really loves you Lyric, she didn't mean for this to happen."

"I know Chels. I love her too and I want to spend the rest of my life with her." The door opened again.

"Rosa's esophagus is bruised and she's having a little trouble breathing. She's gonna have to stay here for a few days just so we can keep an eye on her, " said the nurse.

"Thank you. And Miss? Lyric has woken up, but she can't open her eyes."

"That's perfectly normal. She's just really weak, and it will take some time for her to regain her full strength."

"Okay thank you Miss."

"There's an extra bed in here Lyric, I'm sure you wouldn't mind if your fiancée stayed here."

"Oh, that sounds great. Thank you."

..........

"Mommy, why can't I go with you?"

"Lyric, I need you to watch your sister while I go to the store."

"But Mommy I-"

"Lyric I will be back soon." She never came back.

...........

2 weeks later

I had started to regain my strength since the accident. I was now able to open eyes and move around. Luckily, I hadn't broken many bones, and my body just went into shock. I looked over to see Rosa sleeping in the hospital bed on the other side of the room. My dad hasn't been by to see me and he hasn't brought Luke. Eli told me he is upset with me and he wants to keep Luke. Luke's my son, I don't think I could live without him. Plus why would he be upset with me? I did nothing wrong. I looked over at Rosa again. I almost died because of her. But yet, somehow, that made me want to be with her more. She started to stir in her bed. She was always so adorable when she slept. She opened her eyes and yawned.

"Lyric, baby, are you awake?" I know what you're thinking and yeah we got back together. I just couldn't be without her. She completes me.

Suddenly I couldn't breathe. Alarms started to go off. Doctors and nurses began to rush in. "Lyric!? LYRIC!" was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.