Prologue

She watched in horror as her sister was torn from her.

The Galra soldiers surrounded her. She could hear what they were saying.

"Failed experiment heading for execution."
"It's her father's orders."

She reached out for Marina, but a Galra soldier jabbed her in the side.
"Marina!!", she wailed. Her dark hair covered her black eyes, which were darting everywhere trying to find her older sister.

"AZALEA!!!!", she heard Marina shriek.

She was thrown into a room, alone.
She spun around, clawing at her hair. What was she going to do?
They were going to kill her.
After a year of being a prisoner of the Galra, they were finally going to execute her.

She was never going to see Marina again. Or her mom.

I'm going to die here, she thought pitifully. I'm going to die, and my life, my entire existence, was made up. A lie.

She crumpled to the ground, putting her face in her caramel colored hands, and began to sob.

Voices came from an intercom.

"Specimen No. 1 of the Korraine experiment, Azalea Korraine, now scheduled for execution by electrocution."

Azalea lifted her head to face the intercom.

"On orders of her father, Sendak.", the voice finished.

She heard an electrical crackle.
Then the world went black.

She opened her eyes. The room seemed to be spinning. Frantic voices swirled through her ears.

"How is it still alive?"
"What's going on?"

Azalea tried to stand up. But she couldn't move. She flung her legs around, but she still wasn't moving. She was floating.

She tried to reach for the wall, but her breath hitched when she saw her arms. They were no longer a warm shade of caramel, but a shockingly pale shade of white. Grey hair floated around her face.

"Help!", Azalea cried out.
What happened to me?

"Attention", the intercom spoke again, "the Korraine experiment is now a success. Please remove the specimen from the execution hall".

Azalea spun around, but not before a soldier hit her on the back of her head.

And she saw nothing once again.