Chapter 17

Lance scoffed, "I'm serious! You like have a serious thing for her!"

He watched Keith's complexion slowly blend in with his jacket.

"I don't like her!", Keith argued, "How many times do I have to repeat it before it gets through your idiot head?!"

"If it wasn't true, you wouldn't be getting this defensive about it, and you know it", Lance pointed out. Keith was getting a little too defensive for something that he claimed wasn't true. He was red-faced, arms flailing, shouting.

Oh yeah, he likes her, Lance thought slyly, It's too obvious.

Should I help him out?

I mean, this is Flower we're talking about. Maybe I can help him if he would just admit it.

But do I really want Azalea to be with him? Of all people? Keith?

I don't know.

"It doesn't matter if you keep saying you don't like her, but I've seen you staring", Lance finally said, "Okay? So just suck up your ego and admit it!"

Lance was trying not to be sarcastic, like he usually was. Azalea means a lot to him, so he was trying to be mature for her sake.

Keith leaned against the machine, and put a hand over his face.

"I don't know, okay!", he growled.

SO THERE IS SOMETHING!

CALLED IT!!

Lance grinned. Now they were getting somewhere!

"How can you not know?", Lance asked.

"I don't know, I just don't know!", Keith groaned exasperatedly, "I was a massive jerk to her, and I don't even know if she even wants to talk to me! I mean, I want to apologize and be friends, but at the same time I can't cause she's so.....", Keith trailed off from his rambling.

"What?", Lance asked, "Out with it bro! She's so what?!"

"Different. She's so different. She's from earth, but I've never seen anyone as different as she is. She's completely unique, and strong, and.....", Keith hid his burning face in his arms.

"Cute", he finished, his words muffled.

Holy crow.

Should I still help him out? He just said he was a jerk to her, so he's lucky I haven't punched his lights out yet.
And this has to be serious if he's telling ME about it. We're rivals. We don't exactly go spilling our hearts to each other on a regular basis.

And man, he looks defeated about this! I wish I had a camera. Greatest blackmail ever! The tough Keith Kogane can't figure out how to talk to a girl!

The laundry bleeped, and the boys switched it out before starting another wash.

Lance turned to Keith.

"So, you want to apologize, and talk to her. And you want to be friends with her? Azalea? Are you sure it's Azalea and not some chick you imagined?", he asked in a smart-alec way.

"Yes I want to apologize to Azalea!", Keith snapped, "That's my main priority! Friendship can come later, I just want to tell her that I am sorry. Okay?"

Lance wiggled his eyebrows.
"I think I can help. With the friendship part, anyways."

Keith glared. "How can you help?"

The blue paladin shrugged, "Well, I am her bestie. I know her happy points."

"Like what?"

"Hugs", Lance said pointedly, "If you didn't know she loves hugs, you don't deserve to be around her."

"It's kinda hard not to know that she likes hugs", Keith said with a roll of his eyes.

Lance ignored his interruption, "Second of all, she likes to listen to people. About anything. Their favorite color, favorite animals, how they got in trouble before back on Earth. If you have something to say, she will listen. But don't let that fool you, cause she likes to talk too. And help out. Basically she loves anything where she can hug or help someone. If you use that to your advantage and, I don't know, try to be fun for once, then you got a shot at being her friend. And in your situation, possibly more than a friend."

"How does an idiot like you figure all of this out?"

Lance smirked and nonchalantly shrugged.
"Cause I'm her Lancy."

Keith ran a hand through his hair.
"Are you sure that's going to work out for me? Being nice and talking? That's it? Nothing else?"

"And hugs. Don't forget hugs."

Keith groaned in defeat, and Lance snickered.

Who knew he could be so bad at this?
It's Azalea for crying out loud. She's adorable, and Mullet is the ONLY one of us who hasn't even tried to be friends with her.

And he likes her too. I can't believe I'm letting him do this.
Attempt to possibly hook up with my sister.

And I'm going to let him.
I hope I don't regret this.

"Go", Lance smirked pointing at the door.

Keith raised an eyebrow, "What?"

"Go. You'll find her mopping on the second floor somewhere. Go apologize Mullet! You have an hour, cause I'm not washing Shiro's underpants by myself!"

Keith rolled his eyes, but let a smirk slip at Lance.

Right before he left, he turned around and gave lance a curt nod.

"Thanks."

Lance grinned and tapped his wrist to indicate that time was short.

Pidge walked in with a cleaning rag mere moments after he left.

The green paladin eyed Lance suspiciously.

"What are you so happy about?"

"He's gonna do it!"

"Lance, you're making no sense as usual", Pidge scoffed as he grabbed another bucket of cleaner.

Lance grinned and waltzed around the room, singing.

"Mullet likes Flower! And he's gonna try to talk to HEEERRRR!!"

Pidge's jaw dropped.
"He's going to do it? Like, he's past the staring phase??"

Lance nodded excitedly.

Pidge ran out of the room shouting Hunk's name.

Lance fist pumped the air.

Too bad Zales, he thought, Cause it's happening!