Chapter 42

Keith was in the moment, finally kissing Azalea after months of fearing his emotions.
Before he could get intoxicated by her floral smell, he pulled away.

They were both extremely red in the face.

"So... Yeah", Keith mumbled.

He suddenly didn't want to see the repercussions of his actions, so he quickly turned away.

"I need to check in with the others", he excused, and briskly left the room.

He walked as fast as he could outside and sprinted into the trees.

Panting, he sat down and felt regretful for even doing it.  But he couldn't help but grin from ear to ear, because he finally had the guts to kiss Azalea Korraine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Azalea stood there in shock.
Her face burned intensely as she tried to unscramble her mind about what just happened.

He-
He kissed me...

HOLY CROW HE ACTUALLY KISSED ME WHAT IS THIS?!?

HE LIKES ME?!

Azalea spun around the room, grinning and flapping her hands around in excitement.

He liked her back!

Azalea stopped midair.

But now I have to tell him how I feel too.

Great.

She took a deep breath and raked her bangs out of her face.

"I should go do that now", she quietly said to herself. Tossing her normal outfit on, she walked out the door.

Right as she was squeezing her head through her turtleneck, she ran right into someone.

"Be careful, my dear flower", Brenan chuckled.

Azalea laughed, "Sorry."

She noticed Brenan's exquisite armor, noting that he was probably preparing as well.

"Well, I have to go", Azalea said. She floated past him, eager to find Keith again.

"What's the hurry?", Brenan asked.

"Oh I was just going to go find Keith. I need to talk to him."

"Oh. I see. The Red Paladin."
There was something in his voice but she couldn't figure it out. His face brightened soon after, however, as Brenan walked over to her with a dashing smile.

"Azalea, I must ask you something."
He reached down and retrieved a blue rose from the satchel against his waist.

"You have been the greatest of friends to me, Miss Korraine", he said softly, "You are beautiful, brave, and intelligent. Even as a prisoner of the Galra, you were still so strong. And I'd like to give you this rose on behalf of our friendship. So do you accept my token?"

Azalea beamed.
"Of course, Brenan!"

He motioned for her to turn around, and he wove the rose around her ribbon.

"Thanks Brenan", Azalea said, "Now I really have to find Keith. This is important. See you later!"

She ran down the hall and out of the castle, desperately wanting to tell Keith everything she felt.

She cupped her hands around her mouth and called for him as she flew through the village.

"BOOTS!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brenan turned around and strode away, laughing profusely.

"Well, Mr Kogane", he chuckled darkly, "It seems that you've lost the woman."

He stopped when he saw Piflin.
The little boy was staring at him, confusion written on his small face.

"What are you laughing at, Cousin?"

Brenan patted Piflin's head. Perhaps a bit  too hard. Oh well.

"The day has come, young Prince", he announced grandly, "The lovely Miss Azalea Korraine has accepted my marriage proposal."

Brenan was too busy gloating to notice Piflin's face.

The boy's face was registered in fear. And his eyes were as wide as saucers.