Chapter 28

Keith landed his lion on the planet.
It honestly didn't feel right leaving Azalea in the castle by herself.
But she reassured him that she would be fine.

"Go stretch your legs out Boots, you deserve it!", she told him, "I can handle it!"

But there was something sad in her eyes. He didn't blame her.
Six years of being with the Galra and she still wasn't allowed to see other worlds.
It sucked.

Jaspen was beautiful, to say at the least. A pearly white castle stood on the top of a hill. Grass huts surrounded the hill and the crystal blue lake in the center of the city.

And flowers of all colors practically coated the bare ground.

Keith and the other paladins were met by a beautiful blonde woman. Blonde hair cascaded past her waist, and her sky blue dress matched her eyes and the flower crown perched on her head.

Beside her was a sandy haired boy in a white and blue uniform. He was grinning and looking at the paladins with admiration.

Behind the woman was a tall, lean man. Shoulder length blonde hair emphasized his angular face. Bright blue eyes stared at them curiously,  but his face was emotionless.
He was tall. A bit taller than Shiro, to be exact.
And he wore the uniform of a soldier, with a sword at his hip.

Keith probably would've took him seriously if there wasn't a flower crown on his head too.

He looks ridiculous in that, Keith smirked to himself.

"Greetings, Regina Feornae!", Allura said cheerily, embracing the blonde woman.

"Thank you for gracing us with your presence, Princess Allura", Feornae smiled, "My son Piflin and I are very happy to finally meet the infamous Paladins of Voltron!"

The little boy, Piflin, waved.
"Hello!"

Shiro smiled and shook both of their hands.
"Nice to meet you, your highnesses."

Allura smiled at the tall man.
"And who is this rather handsome young man, Feornae?"

"This is my nephew and the Jaspanian Commander, Brenan."

Brenan flashed a dazzling yet gentle smile as he bowed to the princess.
"It is a fine pleasure to meet you all."

Keith rolled his eyes, but something bothered him.

Brenan...

Where have I heard that name before?