Chapter 21

I've received so much support from you guys yesterday,  and it really warmed my heart! I never believed that people actually liked this as much as I do! So.....

IM CONTINUING THE STORY!!
WE CAN'T JUST STOP BEFORE THE ENDING!!

Which I can't wait until we get there! :3

Also, if y'all have instagram,  my account is fallen_angel_in_training!
Y'all can see my random shit.
Don't judge me face ;-;

ILY ALL
*MASSIVE MOOSE HUGS*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Azalea, can I ask you something?"

Azalea hummed in approval, walking along to meet the gait of the princess.

"Do you have feelings for anyone on this ship?", Allura asked, stopping them and looking at the hybrid straight in the eye. Her grin was growing wider.

I've got her now!, Allura thought triumphantly.

Azalea laughed, throwing Allura off guard.

"Why are you asking that, Princess?", she asked in return, grinning.

Allura smiled.
"Just a thought that I had. I mean, you're a girl on a ship with mostly boys. There's got to be someone that interests you!"

Azalea pursed her lips in thought.
"No, not really."

"No one? Not even one paladin?", Allura pressed. She was on a mission to see if a thing between Keith and Azalea was possible.

Turns out they're both as hard-headed as the next.

"No. Not really. What about you?", Azalea asked.

Allura was thrown off guard once more.

"W-what?!"

Azalea shrugged, and adjusted her ponytail, all while maintaining eye contact with her.

"You're a female too", Azalea pointed out, "So do you gave any interests in the paladins?"

What kind of trickery is this?, Allura asked herself.
I think she's deliberately avoiding the question.

"Unfortunately not, Azalea", she smiled.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Azalea. I'm positive."

Maybe I should just be more direct with her.

Yes. Just get to the point Allura.

She smirked and nudged the hybrid girl with her elbow.

"But I think I know who likes you...", she teased.

Azalea cocked her head in confusion.
"And who might that be?"

"Oh just a certain red paladin..."

Azalea burst into a fit of giggles.

GIGGLES.

WHAT DO GIGGLES MEAN?!
CONFIRMATION?!?
REJECTION?!?

OUT WITH IT GIRL.

"Princess Allura, please tell me you're not really believing all these rumors!", she laughed.

Allura fingers tapped against her side. She was thinking of a way to approach the subject.

"Well surely you've noticed his nonstop staring?"

Azalea broke eye contact with the princess. Her black eyes now gazed pointedly ahead.

"We've had a little..... disagreement. But he's apologized now. I'm sure all of the little rumors are twistings of the truth. I'm pretty sure it couldn't happen anyways. I'm more of a friendy kind of person", she explained.

Allura groaned inwardly. She wasn't stupid. She heard the things that Lance had said. Keith called Azalea cute. He wanted to be her friend.

Unfortunately Keith is stubborn and reserved, and Azalea is absolutely oblivious to everything.

Allura sharply turned down another hallway, bringing Azalea with her. Azalea must not have noticed the look of determination on Allura's face, and if she did, she didn't say anything.

"Well, that's too bad then", Allura faked a sigh, stopping a few yards away from the entrance.
She had a plan.

Azalea smiled wistfully, "I guess it is."

Allura pretended to look suddenly flustered.
"I'm sorry I have to cut our conversation off so soon, but I forgot I was supposed to help Coran calibrate our shields", she said.
She was lying of course.
But for good reason.

Azalea was right where she wanted her to be.

Allura knew about Azalea's sensitivity to waves in her atmosphere. If she was right, then Azalea could hear what was going on behind the steel door, and would get curious.

"Oh.... alright then", Azalea said quietly.

They embraced for a moment before Allura quickly strode away.

Once she was down the hallway, Allura allowed herself to peer around the corner at Azalea.

The hybrid was just standing there, staring at the large door.
She leaned forward, hesitating for a moment, then put a gloved hand on the entrance pad.
The door opened with a "swoosh", and Azalea wandered inside.

Allura grinned with triumph.
Her plan had worked!

Now Shiro can.... what is it called?

"Stuff a sock in it"?

Yes. I think that's it!

She turned around and continued down the hallway, smiling from ear to ear.

I hope Azalea likes the training room.
Because I know Keith does....