Chapter 56

Hunk woke up to the sound of the guards dying. True enough, five soldiers laid on the ground in front of them. Each one had black markings across their face, as if they were infected by something.

Hunk shuddered.

Who killed them?

What killed them?

A scraping sound came from beside him.

A cloaked figure was cutting away at his chains.
He tried to kick it.

I've already been attacked by one of these guys, it's not happening again!

The chains however, snapped.

Hunk scrambled to his feet.

"Who are you?!", he demanded, trying to look strong in front of his unconscious comrades.

The figure removed their hood, revealing a teenage girl.

She had dark skin and eyes, and dark shoulder-length hair. Yellow markings under her wide eyes and her pointy ears suggested that she wasn't Galra.

She looks Altean.

"Who are you?", he asked again.

The girl pressed a finger to his lips and shushed him.

"Everything happens within good time and reasoning", she whispered in a gentle voice.

The girl cocked her head. She hurriedly put Pidge's unconscious body in his arms.

"More soldiers are coming", she whispered loudly, "You need to leave. The others will escape after you."

Hunk paused before leaving.

"What are you?"

The girl grinned, revealing sharp teeth.
"There's more of us than you think", she smiled.

The girl disappeared into a dark shadow, slipping away into the darkness.

Hunk blinked.

Was I imagining an Altean girl in front of me?

Or was that real?

Whether it was real or not, Hunk didn't have time to debate, so he quickly ran with Pidge in his arms.