Chapter 58

Keith rolled over, and immediately winced in pain.

He looked down at his shattered suit. The wound was healed, but it still hurt on the inside.

How did it heal?

C'mon Keith, don't worry about that, find the others.

"Shiro?", he called into his microphone, "Shiro? Are you there?"

"Oh thank God you're alive", Shiro breathed, "Listen, Keith, you have to get out of there. There's no possible way to shut down the ship."

"Where are the others?"

"In healing pods. Pidge has some bad head trauma. Hunk fractured his shoulder blade. Lance is the only one that isn't severely hurt."

"Is Azalea okay?", Keith asked anxiously.

There was a silence.
"Shiro?"

"She's not here. One of the armour suits is missing. Allura suspects that she left once she got word that we were in trouble."

Keith anxiously pulled out his Bayard, "Well we have to get her out of here! Ferin could-"

"Ferin isn't the only problem we have now."

Oh great. More issues. Whoopie.

"What is it?", Keith asked irritability.

"Marina isn't dead. And she's after Azalea too."

That fact threw Keith into a determined rage.

Marina?
How? She should be dead after the gladiator fight, unless-

Haggar fixed her.

There's no way Azalea could fight her sister. Not again.
Ferin would have his way with her.
He would ki-

Keith shook his head, banishing the thought of Azalea dying. He wouldn't be able to handle it if she were gone.

"I guess it's up to me", he said aloud. Shiro protested loudly from the headset, but Keith shut it off. Nothing, and nobody would stop him from saving her.

Gritting his teeth, he sprinted down the dark corridors, ignoring the pain in his chest.

Azalea....

If you can feel me...

I'm coming to save you.

I promise.