Chapter 3

"H-How are you doing that?", Hunk stuttered. He was frozen in place, not daring to let go of her gaze.

The girl sighed, "It's a long story. Listen, there's another squad of soldiers coming this way to get me. They're about fifty paces away and if they see you... You're dead".

"How can you tell how close they are?"

"I can sense their vibrations in the air", she explained, "Another... long story".

"Are you the prisoner?"

She reached her hand out. Hunk reluctantly shook it.

"Yes", she said. Her voice was quiet, almost musical, "My name is Azalea."

"My name's Hunk."

She smiled, "That's a pleasant name."

Azalea's head snapped to the left, her eyes narrowing. She looked back down at Hunk with concern.
"They're almost here. Follow me!"

Hunk watched and followed the prisoner as she crawled along the ceiling to what seemed like a vent.
She pointed to his bayard.
"Can you blast open this?"

Hunk nodded.

He blasted the vent open.
Azalea flew through the air and up the vent, moving her arms in swimming motions.

She disappeared.

Hunk looked up into the gaping dark hole.

She left me, he thought sadly.

Hunk was giving up hope that the mysterious pale women was coming back, when a metal hand popped out of the hole.

"Hurry!", Azalea's voice hissed.

Hunk quickly grabbed her hand, and she effortlessly pulled him in.

Right as soldiers came storming by.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Azalea couldn't believe her eyes when she saw the tan man in the yellow and white suit.

A paladin. The yellow one obviously.
And she was helping him.

She reversed the gravity on the human, Hunk, and lifted him into the dark vent.

He led the way from there, getting coordinates from a thing called a "Pidge".

Blasting out another exit, Hunk was out and running towards a giant yellow cat.

Azalea was amazed, but she could also sense more Galra on their way.
She flung her arms, and kicked her feet, but she couldn't seem to go fast enough.

"I need to get my ankle bands fixed", she groaned, looking at her useless bare feet.
I'm going to get left behind....

She sat there, floating, defeated.
Any moment now she would get caught.

She put her face in her hands.

And something enclosed around her.
It's over. I'm done.

"Hey! There you are!", Hunk shouted.

Azalea looked up. Instead of being in shackles or a cage, she was in a pilot cab. Glowing screens surrounded her.

"I didn't know if you would make it, so I had my lion.... well... swallow you", Hunk explained.

"I- I made it?", she asked in disbelief.
She couldn't understand this feeling.
She had escaped the life she'd known for six years, but was now in a strange outside world.

She was....

Ecstatic!!!!

"YES!!", Azalea squealed. She spun around in circles, "I'm free, I'm free, I'm FREE!"

Finally away from the criticizing glare of her father, from Haggar and her experiments, from steel walls and rubber balls.

Hunk laughed.

"I still can't believe you're a human!", Azalea laughed, "I mean, I haven't seen another human since...."

Azalea's face fell.

"Marina...."

Hunk didn't see her sorrow, and she was grateful for that.
She didn't need to think of that right now.

"Yeah, I'm a human!", Hunk grinned, "Last time I checked, anyways. Good thing I got you out, or it could've gotten a lot worse!"

Azalea cocked her head in confusion, "How?"

"Well, we could've ran into this huge monster this alien chief was talking about. Its called a 'Nightmare'", Hunk laughed nervously, "If we ran into that, it probably would've killed us for sure!"

Azalea's heart skipped a beat. They knew about her.
How?? How much did they know?

Azalea let out a sad sigh. This always happened. People heard rumors about her, and then bam, everyone runs away scared.

Just like mom.

"I wouldn't hurt you", Azalea said barely above a whisper.

"What?"

"I said I wouldn't hurt you, never mind kill you."
She looked at the floor, forlorn.
"My name is Azalea Korraine", she repeated, "and I am the Nightmare."

She turned her head ever so slightly to peer at Hunk.

And his face said it all.