Chapter 51

Pidge walked up behind Keith as the paladins reentered the training room.

"So Keith", he cooed, "Are you gonna tell us about your giiiiirlfriend?"

Hunk spun around, "What?!"

Keith shot a glare at Lance, who defensively argued, "I didn't tell them!"

"Trust me, you make it pretty obvious", Pidge smirked.

Hunk's eyes were wide.
"Wait, what's going on?"

Pidge, still smirking, jerked a thumb behind him.

Azalea was twirling a pair of daggers, playfully threatening the little hybrid brandishing a staff.

Hunk gasped, "You and Zales are a thing?!"

Keith rolled his eyes.
"Yes, Hunk."

Lance teasingly started humming the mocking rhyme again.

"Shut up."

"It's cool man", Lance snickered, "But find some time to hang out with her before tomorrow?"

"Yeah", Pidge agreed, "Hang out before the battle. We won't bother you."
Hunk agreed.

Keith smiled.
"I will later."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After training, they all decided to "hit the showers".

Azalea, hair still plastered to her face from the shower, snuck up behind and grabbed Lance's sides.

He squealed and smacked her hands away.
Azalea laughed, and hopped up on the sink.

"What's up beautiful?", she asked, teasing him about the face mask he wore.

He poked her back, making her giggle.

"I'm about to head to bed and get some sleep", he said. Lance stretched out his arms over his head and let out a deep yawn.

"Meh", Azalea sighed, "I don't think I can sleep yet. I might do some stretching and stuff in the lounge. Can I borrow your headset?"

Lance reached over and plucked the iPod off the table and tossed it to her, "Have fun flower."

She gave him a goofy salute, "You too, Lancy!"

She left and walked the dimly lit hallway to the lounge room.

Azalea sat on the ceiling and put the headset on.
Soft acoustic music filled her head.

She tried not to think about Ferin. He hadn't said anything since his last threat, but she still worried about everyone.

It was a fight against Ferin. The Fury.

It was going to be a tough battle, at the very least. Damage will be done.

Stop thinking about it.

Calm down.

Just listen to the music.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, whispering along to the lyrics.

"Believe in me....."

Cause I was made for chasing dreams...

She let a few tears fall down her cheek.
She wasn't crying over anything specific.

For once, she was crying just to be crying.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lance pointed Keith in Azalea's direction.

Keith scratched his head nervously.

What if she's doing something important? What if she doesn't want to talk?