Chapter 47

"He's hurting the lad!", Allura shouted in outrage.

Shiro was furious, but he couldn't do anything. The guards had his arms in a death grip, immobilizing him from helping.

Piflin screamed Azalea's name at the top of his lungs.

Brenan cackled.
"She won't help you! She wouldn't even associate with a monster like you!"

Shiro and Allura still watched in horror. Coran, Pidge, and Hunk, were being held off by other guards.

This is cruelty to a child!

Why is nobody protesting!

Then, over all the commotion, an inhuman roar ripped out through the air.

An unseen force plowed into Brenan at an impossible force. Buildings and stalks collapsed as Brenan burst through the wood and marble.

Shocked, the guards let go of Shiro and Allura, allowing them to escape and run after the path of wreckage.

Shiro ran into an invisible wall merely ten feet away from Brenan.

He pounded his fists against air.
It didn't go through.

What's going on?

"Shiro look!", Allura shouted alarmingly. She pointed to the end of the debris trail where the dust was settling.

Brenan's face was twisted in confusion and regret.

Wrapped around his neck was a glowing yellow hand, pinning him to the wall.

Azalea Korraine bared her teeth at him, holding him by the neck.

The crowd gasped.

Azalea's eyes were glowing a bright yellow, like a Galra. Her lips were pulled back into an animal-like snarl. A curvy black marking curled around her left eye and down her cheek.
And her skin was blotched with purple spots.

She looked terrifying, unlike Shiro had ever seen her.

Had she always been able to do that?

"A-Azalea", Brenan gasped for air, "What have you done to my beautiful flower?!"

"I am Azalea", she growled, "This is how I was born. With Galra blood in my veins."

"No, this can't be true. You are still my Azalea. The girl I fell in love with. We're going to get married. We're going to find Marina for you, and live happily. I must be having a nightmare..."

Azalea chokeslammed him into the ground.
She let go of him, but Shiro could see she was using her powers to keep him pinned.

"I am the nightmare!", she roared. Rocks and rubble spun madly around her.

"I am the weapon that Haggar created! I am Nightmare, daughter of Commander Sendak! I'm a monster! You have no right to hurt Piflin or anyone else like us! I am the abomination that haunts my own dreams. I am the deadly force. I am the experiment. The last surviving Korraine. I killed Marina in a bloody battle! My mother died wishing she never loved me! I tried to end my own life because I couldn't stand what I've become!"

Shiro struggled to process the information.

Azalea was the one who murdered her sister?

"Do you think you can push me around like you treat me Piflin? Do you enjoy beating a child because he's different?", Azalea demanded.

Brenan glared at her.
"You are a horrible creature", He spat.

Azalea flicked her wrist and sent Brenan flying into a wall.
"I know that", she growled, "I've been told that for years."

She grabbed him by the throat again, grinning madly.
"And now you're gonna see how much of a monster I really am."

"Azalea!", Shiro shouted.
"Azalea stop!", Allura echoed.

Shiro couldn't believe what was happening.

Is this...

Is this Azalea's true side?

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Keith run into the invisible barrier.

"Azalea!", he shouted, slamming his palms against it.

"Man, get away from there!", Hunk shouted.

"She isn't safe!", Allura shouted as well.

"Keith, get away from her, now!", Shiro barked.

Keith still hit the barrier.
"Azalea please! Listen to me! Put him down! This isn't worth it!"

Everyone was having trouble shouting over the wind.

"Azalea!", Keith cupped his hands around his mouth, "You aren't a monster!"

Brenan suddenly fell. He coughed and gagged on his knees.
Piflin ran into Azalea's arms, where she stroked his head, possibly coming to her senses.

She lifted her hand and examined it. All the rage disappeared from her features. Tears fell from here eyes, and she grit her teeth.

Before any of the guards could grab her, she shot towards the sky, disappearing into the distance.

"Azalea!", Pidge called after her.

Lance ran to Piflin, constantly asking him if he was okay.

Hunk and Coran grabbed Brenan.

Shiro turned.

Keith was running towards the Castle of Lions.

"Keith!", Shiro shouted, "Where are you going?!"

Keith turned back to look at Shiro with fierce determination.
"I'm going to find Azalea."

Shiro couldn't stop him.

When he looked at Allura, she looked as if she were thinking the same thing he was.

Azalea was hiding things from us.
But Keith knew about them.

She isn't stable.

Not at all

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter was shit, I apologize~JM