Chapter 13

(( this chapter is mainly flashbacks. Welcome to the life of the Nightmare))

Azalea's jaw dropped.
"Wait, that's not fair!", she whined, "You asked me that on purpose!"

Keith smirked, "Exactly. Why wait for days when I could just ask one simple question. Now you have to tell me everything."

Azalea narrowed her eyes.

He's smarter than I thought.
I'm hungry.
And tired.
Oh well, might as well get this over with.

"But remember, you have to keep it between us, alright Keith?"

She saw the look on his face. She actually said his name instead of Boots.

She was serious about this.
She was about to tell him something she'd never trusted anyone with.

Do I trust him?

"I promise", Keith said sincerely.
I guess I do.

Azalea took a deep breath.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Mom, we have to bring Azalea!", Marina cried out, "We can't just leave her and go on an adventure! She's been waiting for this almost her entire life!!"

Diana Korraine looked up from her laptop, her green eyes studying Marina carefully.

Marina had both hands on the desk, and stared her mother straight in the eye. Her jade eyes were defiant, and so was the grin on her face.

"Fine", Diana said gently, "We can bring Azalea with us on the expedition."

Marina jumped for joy, her fair-skinned face alight. She ran into the living room, where she found her eleven year-old sister waiting.

The seventeen year-old's platinum blonde hair was disheveled from jumping around.

"Is everything okay, Marina?", Azalea asked. She had tied her raven hair back into a ponytail and was sitting on the floor.

Marina grabbed the sides of her sister's caramel face, shaking her.

"Mom said you can come!!"

Azalea broke into a grin, revealing slightly pointed teeth.
Marina never knew why they were like that, and neither did Azalea.

"Really?", she squealed quietly.

"Really!!!!!", Marina squealed. She gathered her sister up in a hug and jumped around.

"We're going to space!!"

------------------
"Attention pilots of foreign spacecraft. Please surrender yourselves immediately or face dire consequences in the name of Lord Zarkon."

Diana clutched her daughters to her chest.
"It's going to be fine", she whispered, but didn't believe it herself, "A day full of smiles erases a year's worth of pain."

She screeched as large figures in metal uniforms tore her girls away from her.

------------------------

"Shhh...", Marina whispered, "Don't cry Sis."

But it was too late. Azalea was sobbing.
"We're never going to get out of here! It's been months!!", she cried.

"We're going to get out of here. Arm in arm like we always do, Zales. I promise. You are my sunshine."

Azalea burrowed her face into her sister's side, crying from fear, and from the pain of the shackles attached to her legs.