Chapter 9

Awkward.

Very awkward at breakfast since Lance had practically screamed that Keith was staring at her.

She felt her heart almost stop.

He was onto her.

I'm doomed, Azalea thought fearfully.

After breakfast, she went with Lance to walk around the castle.

Then Coran called Lance away, and she was alone again.

At least I'm used to it, She thought.

She walked alone for a while, clearing her head in the vast castle halls.

"I know what happened to Marina", a voice suddenly said.

Azalea forgot how to breathe for a moment.

Keith came walking out of the shadows.

How did I not sense him?
Maybe I was too deep in thought.

How does he know about her??!

"I know you killed her. I don't know how, or why, but I know you did it", he said. His face, in the dim light, was dark and menacing.

Azalea clutched the sides of her arms, trying to calm herself. She was breathing heavily, and the hallway seemed to spin.

No....
No........

"NO", Azalea said loudly.

All peace of mind was gone now.
This.... this idiot comes up and thinks that he knows everything about her all of a sudden.

"NO!", she screamed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keith was going to confront her.
He waited at the end of the hallway, knowing Coran was going to call Lance away to help clean.

Then, while she was completely alone, he confronted her about what he knows.

He was not expecting what happened afterwards.

"NO!", Azalea screamed. Keith found out that he couldn't move. Not a leg, a hand, nothing. Something was keeping him still.

Azalea fell to her knees, clutching her arms, rocking herself back and forth.

"Well?", Keith asked loudly, angrily, "Is it true?"

Next thing he knew, she was in his face. He didn't even see her move.

Keith had never seen her like this. Her lips, usually turned up in a smile, were now scowling, baring sharp teeth.

And her eyes.

They were a glowing yellow.
Like a Galra's, he realized.

"Listen here, Boots", She hissed, "I don't know where you're from, but I'm from Earth. And there, it's quite rude to assume you know something about someone. So let me clarify: You know nothing."

"Then what are you?", he asked defiantly, "Why did you really run away yesterday?"

"Why should I tell you? You're just like the rest of the people I meet. I'm not a bad person! People just accuse me of things without asking what really happened! They don't trust me! And I don't trust you!"

"I don't trust you either!"

"Obviously!!", she snapped.

She turned on her heels.
"Uggghhh!!", she groaned loudly.

"How about this", Keith said slowly, eyeing the pacing woman, "I'm allowed to ask you one question a day. That way, I can find out the truth."

Azalea stopped.
She deeply inhaled, then turned back to him. The yellow eyes were gone, replaced with her usual black irises.
"Fine", She quietly said, "But you keep it between us. Deal? And only one."

Her face was apologetic, and he believed her.

"Deal."

"Okay Boots", she cracked a crooked grin, "See you tomorrow."

She was gone before he could blink.

The invisible force holding Keith disappeared, leaving him able to move again.

Azalea was frightening when she was angry.

And though he hated to admit it, kind of beautiful too.

He was looking forward to tomorrow.