Chapter 7

Everyone was in the lounge room.
Pidge was on the couch typing away at his laptop.
Keith was just sitting back watching everyone else.
Lance and Hunk were sitting on the floor, pushing one of Allura's hovering chairs back and forth.
Shiro was reading.... something. Keith couldn't see exactly what it was.
And the hybrid newbie was sitting criss-cross on the chair Lance and Hunk were pushing, going "weeee" every time one of them sent it back to the other.

It was Azalea's second week, and it seemed that everyone fell in love with the over-eager teenager. Well, everyone but Keith. He just warily watched her from afar. She was.... well, different. He'd never really trusted anything as different as she was. She gave off an energy that he couldn't comprehend.

She was telling the truth about her gravity-defying gift however, because everywhere she went the toes of her black boots were inches off of the ground.

And everywhere she did go, Lance was almost always by her side. Naturally. Pidge and Hunk too, since Pidge told her his secret, but not as much as Lance.

"Lancy", Azalea called to Lance as she was hurtled towards Hunk, "You're pushing me too fast!"
Lancy was Azalea's nickname for Lance. He called her Flower in return.

"Hey, I can control it, I know how to steer!", Lance assured her.

Everyone in the room laughed scornfully at his remark.
Azalea just clutched the chair harder.

Lance pushed Azalea a little to far to the right, and out of Hunk's reach.

"Aw man, Lance", Hunk complained.
Azalea threw her arms in the air and shouted, "Autopilot!".

The chair started moving around by itself, moving Azalea around the room.

She was quirky, to say at the least. Always joking, laughing at something, or hugging someone.

To be honest, Keith had never really had a full conversation with her.

Not that I really care, Keith thought, watching her go around the room.
Why would I?
Especially after she gave me that stupid nickname.

Azalea passed Keith, giving him a small smile and a wave.
"Hey Boots", she quietly greeted.
Keith gave her a nod.

Boots.
She didn't even ask for my name.
Just started calling me Boots.
What kind of a nickname is that anyways?!
Is it an insult?

Lance grabbed Azalea in a hug, yanking her off of the chair.
"I got her!!", he cheered.

"Lancy!", she squealed, trying to get away, "Stop!"

An electrical crack came from Pidge's laptop. The boy straightened his glasses and held a hand up, "It's all right, just a small malfunction."

"Small?", Shiro asked, looking up from his reading material. "That was a pretty loud noise."

"Yeah, all fine", Pidge said, getting up from his seat, "I'll be back."

But Keith paid no attention to Pidge or his laptop.

Lance had let Azalea go, and she sat on her knees in the air.

Her expression was frozen, expressionless. But her eyes screamed a thousand emotions.

Is she alright?

Shiro, as if reading Keith's thoughts, asked.

"Yeah....", she said distantly, "I- I just... remembered I needed to speak with Coran."

Keith's eyes narrowed.
She's lying.

He waited a few moments after she left before slipping out of the door.

He snuck around the corner, determined to see what the hybrid was really doing.

Where did she go?, he wondered.

His question was answered when his navy blue eyes fell on her figure down the hall.

She was stumbling, leaning a hand against the wall for support. Her other hand repeatedly raked through her bangs.

Then she unexpectedly turned to the wall, leaning her forehead against it. She seemed to be muttering something to herself.

She wasn't okay, that much was obvious to Keith.

He quickly walked up to her, and tapped her on the shoulder.

She turned around, and waved.
"Hey Boots!", she smiled.

That nickname again...

"I was just checking on you", he said.

She waved it off, "Flying chair motion sickness", she excused, "It happens."

She gave him a crooked grin, leaving him utterly confused.

She wasn't okay, he thought, That was something other than motion sickness.

"Why are you smiling?", he asked out loud. Then he quickly shut his mouth.

Why did I just ask her that?

She chuckled, "My sister always told me 'A day full of smiles erases a year's worth of pain'".

She gave him a one-armed hug, and ran down the hall, her ponytail flying behind her.

Keith sat there, speechless.
"A day full of smiles, erases a year's worth of pain", he repeated.
What is that supposed to mean?

He stood there, slightly intrigued by the girl who might be hiding more than she shows.

~~ A/N~~
Hello angels!!

Okay... this chapter might suck cause I honestly was half asleep writing this.
But thank you for your support!!
Update coming soon!!

ADIEU
~JM