Chapter 53

'We lost Pidge and Hunk. They aren't responding", Allura had said.

Which is why the others were now on a mission to find them. Shiro wandered off on his own, leaving Lance and Keith by themselves.

Keith couldn't pay attention to anything. It was obvious he was frustrated and worried.

"Keith, calm down!", Lance snapped. Keith glared at him.

"I'm fine!"

The Blue Paladin rolled his eyes. It was obvious that he wasn't okay.

He's worried about flower. She's all alone in the castle with Coran, Allura, and Piflin.

A footstep snapped Lance out of his thoughts.
He spun around and saw the cloaked figure at the end of the corridor.

"Oh snap!", Lance squeaked and started firing at the figure.
The figure managed to jump out of the way every time, possessing some sort of superhuman speed.

It came and took his blaster, hitting him in the nose with it. Lance fell to the ground, groaning and holding his now bloody nose.

The cloaked figure slowly raised its head and took aim.

Lance's eyes widened in fear.

"Keith, look out!"

Keith spun around right as the blast hit him square in the chest.
Lance watched in horror as his friend crumpled to the ground in a heap.

"Try to run away, pretty boy, and I'll slice your throat to pieces", the creature said sweetly, but the threat was too real. It had his arms pinned behind his back and a terrifying dagger pressed at the base of his throat.

He felt sick to his stomach as it dragged him away, leaving Keith behind in a pool of blood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shiro woke up shackled to the wall. All he remembered was being hit with something and blacking out.

"One. Two. Three. Four."

A cloaked figure sat in a chair on the opposite side of the room, looking imperiously down on the paladins in chains. Shiro was the only one awake.

"No need to count the fifth one", it laughed, "He's dead by now."

Keith

Shiro struggled against the chains. The metal bit into his wrists.

"Who are you?!", he roared, "So help me, I will kill you!"

A sick, psychopathic smile twisted across their face. Their eyes were still hidden by the hood.

"Oh, Shiro", it cooed, "You know me. You know all about me. About my story. I used to be normal, like you."

Their smile turned sour.

"Then a little brat wanted to win a game so badly, she got rid of me. Or so she thought. Haggar fixed me. Made me better."

Shiro was speechless.

The figure laughed again.
"Ferin isn't the only one who wants the little shit dead."

It reached up and tossed back the hood. Long, scruffy blonde hair cascaded past her shoulders. Faded eyes, once a bright jade green, were now a sickly yellow. Thin lips spread into a wide sadistical grin.

The woman stuck out her hand, twirling the dagger in another.

"My name is Marina. Nice to meet you."