Chapter 67

"Why won't you just die?!", Fury roared.

Starlight stood up again on the helm of a ship. She wiped away the blood that dripped on her chin.

"Because I won't perish by the hands of you", she spat.

They charged at each other again.

Fury might have the brute strength and anger, but Starlight was trained by Zarkon's finest.

She had skill.

She dodged and parried his every blow and swing with her wings, then strategically landed a kick to the head.

Fury grabbed her and swung her around, sending her flying away and hitting a ship.

He thought he had won, but roared in anger when she stood up again.

Her wings arched menacingly behind her. She looked down on him imperiously for the first time in her life.

"Ferin DiNicolo ", she called, "You are hearby sentenced to execution."

Fury grinned.
"And how are you going to carry that out?"

Starlight narrowed her eyes at him.

"For treason to Zarkon by the abuse to his daughter, and for the execution of Peter Brandon DiNicolo under false pretenses, I sentence you to death by fire."

She lifted her hands, and the inferno around her grew bigger, burning hotter and brighter.

"May the gods have mercy on your pathetic soul", she said bluntly.

Her hands stretched out toward her brother, Starlight fired a cannon of pure starlight, pure, unfiltered hellfire.

Fury had no time to move before the blast hit him.

Starlight roared, increasing the firepower to as much as she could muster.

"This is for everything you've ever done!", she screamed, "To me! To Azalea! To Peter!"

She never stopped.

Not until there was nothing left of her brother.

Starlight flew down to where Fury once stood.

Now, not even a speck of ash floated in space.

Starlight turned her back.

"Good riddance."