Chapter 10

(( I'm adding a song to each chapter now :3 ))

Shiro closed his eyes. He had just gotten out of a meeting with Coran and Allura, and frankly, he was wore out.

But he was too tired to go to his own room, so the couch filled in as a temporary bed.

Right before he drifted off, he felt something lean against his shoulder. He smelled flowers and knew exactly who it was.

"Hey Azalea", he faintly said, eyes still closed.

A sigh, "Hello Shiro."

Shiro didn't mind her being there. She had extinguished all previous thoughts of the Nightmare Shiro had. She was honest, and trustworthy. Azalea offered an ear to anyone looking for comfort and advice. But right now, it seemed, she was there just to be there.

He opened his eyes and turned to the grey-haired woman. Her knees were pulled to her chest, and she absentmindedly rested her head on his shoulder as she stared at the wall.

Shiro saw a look in her eyes that he'd never seen before.

"Are you doing okay?", he asked gently.

She sighed again, that soft musical sound, "Yes. No. Maybe? I guess I just scared myself a few minutes ago."

"How?"

He watched Azalea hold her own hand, her fingers tracing over the metal scales.

"Do you ever feel the need to keep the past behind you? Just wish you could forget it, but at the same time you won't let yourself forget because it's a part of you? Forever?", she asked suddenly, her eyes shifting upwards to meet his.

Shiro shifted his right hand to his lap, showing Azalea the black and grey metal.

"All the time", he replied with a sad smile, "Where is this coming from anyways?"

She smiled a little.
"I guess I'm just tired. I tend to rant when I'm sleepy."

Shiro chuckled, "Me too."

She started to hum, filling the silent room with the sound.

Shiro closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.