Chapter 20

"You need to do better!", Sendak barked at his daughter. Azalea's knees were shaking.

"I-I can't!", Azalea stuttered. The prisoners in front of her were shaking out of fear too, since they were placed as targets for the young girl.

Sendak backhanded her, sending her flying into a steel wall.

"I will not have a weakling for a daughter!!", he roared.
Azalea stood up again, holding her arm, but not daring to let herself cry.

"You don't even look like my possible daughter!", he complained. He motioned to Padalecki. "Take her out of here. Bring Nightmare back tomorrow."

"Please don't call me that..,", is what she desperately wanted to say, but feared for her life if she did.

Padalecki took her by the arm and led her out.
Once they were well away from Sendak,  his grip loosened.
"You know, Azalea, maybe he would be more tolerant with you if you didn't look so...", he eyed her up and down, "Human?"

"I'm sorry Padalecki ", she quietly said, "But that is the one thing I will not be."

He shrugged, "Suit yourself."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Azalea stretched her arms over her head, yawning.
"That nap felt nice", she smiled to herself. Well except for the dream about her father.

She needed that nap, to be honest. Mopping the entire castle took more out of her than she thought.
Not to mention the unexpected apology from Keith. No has one ever apologized to her for anything, not in years.
The last person to apologize to her was her fellow prisoner and friend, Brenan. He had apologized for their unfortunate situation, and for the great sorrow she was in.

She missed Brenan dearly. He was such a kind boy, and had the prettiest blue eyes she'd ever seen. It made her happy when she helped him and his family escape the Galra, but at the same time she lost her only friend.

Keith apologizing brought emotions flooding back. He was the last person she'd expect to do that.

Azalea smiled wistfully.
And he does have a cute smile, if he would only show it more often.

Azalea stopped herself from thinking. She felt her face burn up.
Why do I feel like I'm running a fever?

I'm probably still tired, that's all, she thought.

Azalea zipped up her jacket, and tied her hair back with the black ribbon in her pocket.

"Azalea!", Allura greeted her warmly. Azalea turned around to smile at the white haired princess.

"Hi Allura!", Azalea greeted just as warmly, hugging her.

"Did you just wake up?", Allura asked, probably taking in the sight of Azalea's rumpled clothes and messy ponytail.

Azalea nodded.

Allura held her elbow out.
"Care to walk with me?"

Azalea linked elbows with Allura. "Sure!", she grinned.

She noticed the smug smile plastered on the princess's face.

Why is she smiling like that?