Chapter 50

"You can do it!", Pidge called.

"Yeah, little buddy!", Lance cheered as well.

Piflin was working with Hunk in the training room. While the Yellow Paladin fought off Gladiator Bots, the Jaspanian Prince fought off the flying discs above them.

Due to the whole Brenan fiasco, Regina Feornae permitted that her son leave with Voltron. She believed that he would be safer with the paladins from those who would use him for his gift.

Allura agreed with her, promising the queen that her son will get the best training possible, and would one day return to Jaspen.

Piflin was one hell of a fighter as well. He was a child, so if someone much stronger were to grab him, he would give in. But he had enough training on Jaspen to prevent such circumstances. Brenan just happened to be an exception. Piflin didn't want to hurt his cousin.

Since they left the blue planet, all of the paladins had been in the training room with the boy. He was fast, and slick. He worked best with a staff that Coran provided.
Because of his fears on Jaspen, Piflin never used his powers much. But now he was flying over Hunk, providing an aerial defense against the discs.

He took his name Windstorm to a whole new level.

The discs never beat him.

He might come in handy for battles when he's older, Pidge admired, But for now he's much too young.

The level ended, and Piflin landed on his feet in front of Hunk.

"Good job, little man!", Hunk congratulated with a warm smile.

Piflin grinned from ear to ear and ran to Lance.
"I did it! I did it, Lance!"

Lance caught the boy as he ran into his arms.
"You sure did, Pif!"

Pidge smiled. Piflin had a stronger bond with Lance more than anyone else on the ship. He looked up to him almost as a big brother.
And Lance fiercely watched over and supported the little blond-haired alien.

Lance just has a thing with hybrids. They just love him apparently.

Something past Lance caught Piflin's eye.
He ran as fast as he could to the doorway, where he scrambled onto Azalea's shoulders.

Azalea was finally awake, with Keith behind her.
She smiled sleepily at the boy cradling her head.

"Hey Pif, what are you doing here?", she asked.

"Mother says I can stay with you guys!"

Azalea returned Piflin's enthusiastic grin.

"Hey Pidge, do you know where Shiro and Allura are?", Keith asked.

Pidge thought for a moment.
"They're in the pilot bay", he replied.

Keith nodded, "Good. I'm calling a meeting."

"Why?", Lance asked.

"Is it bad?", Hunk fretted.

Keith had that look in his eye. Whatever it was, it was nowhere near good.

"Very", Keith said bluntly, "Let's go."

Piflin flew back over to Lance and rode on his shoulders.
Hunk nervously left the room as well.

Azalea left next, with Keith closely behind.

Wait.

Were they-?

Pidge ran out of the room and took a closer look at the two.

And it was true. It was casual, but Pidge could still see it.
Azalea had her pinky finger subtlety wrapped around Keith's as they walked.

Pidge's jaw hit the floor.

They're a thing?!

When did that happen?!

Then it hit him.

Keith was with Azalea at the party.

Keith brought her back from space.

Keith was supposedly watching over Azalea while she slept.

Pidge had always knew Keith liked her. It was fairly common knowledge among the other paladins.

He must've finally told her.

Pidge smirked.
"It's about time", he said quietly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shiro sighed.

As a leader, he was afraid for his team. But what Keith told him earlier was true.

Azalea really was a nice girl. Helpful too. Sending her away would be wrong.

"Shiro, Princess", Keith called, appearing through the doorway, "Azalea is in danger. We all are."

The room fell quiet.

"How?", the princess asked genuinely.

Azalea stepped forward, seemingly recovered from earlier.

The hybrid wove them details of these "voices" that she had been hearing, telling her to go back to the Galra. It was actually her siblings Starlin and Ferin. Ferin had informed her that she had three days to kill one of the paladins. But because Azalea did not complete the task sooner, he cut the deadline a day short.

"This means that there's this really scary hybrid guy coming for us?", Hunk asked.

"Yes", Azalea confirmed, "Ferin is coming with a large fleet. Possibly larger than I've ever seen myself."

She looked down at the floor.
"I would've told everyone sooner, but I was afraid."

Shiro put a comforting hand on her shoulder, "It's okay. We all get scared. We all make mistakes."

Azalea smiled sadly at him.

"This means that Voltron will need to fight the fleet", Allura announced, "We will need to keep the castle moving. If he knows where we are at all times, moving and changing directions will slow him down long enough for us to be prepared."

"Let's kick some hybrid butt!", Lance cheered, and Piflin echoed the cheer.

Hunk nodded, still looking worried but was strong.

Shiro faced the paladins, "Rest up. Train. Be prepared in every aspect for Ferin's arrival."

"Yes", they all said in unison.