Win

Isogai p.o.v

>Timeskip:After the game<

"E-class won!" I scream. That's the first in a very long time I shouted that loud. I'm so happy I get to stay. All of us celebrated our victory. Some hugged me tight while some messed with my hair. Then I saw her. She went towards a fallen Asano and helped him up. They didn't bother to turn our way and went straight ahead. Even if we won, I still feel defeated. I still haven't won you over.

The school staff and volunteers cleaned up after us. We were just walking in to the covered walk connecting the school to the gym when we saw Asano and (Y/N). I can see Asano is in pretty bad shape but he still tries to keep up appearances. My body stiffens at the sight. (Y/N) is cupping his face while smiling. I think she's going to kiss him. My body from its statue state immediately moves faster. I coughed to stop them. Both immediately pulled back. Good. You're not kissing the girl I love Asano.

"Asano, as per our agreement, I hope you keep your word." I said seriously with my eyes straightforward.

"Yes, I am a man of my word." He then turns away and was followed by (Y/N). Then what she did threw me off guard. Her right hand is in her back with a thumbs up sign.
Did she want this? You're doing it again.

"Let's celebrate! Karaoke everybody?" Maehara shouts. Everybody shouted in agreement. "Isogai, come on!"

It would have been fun if you were here (Y/N). I'll definitely bring you back! After everything is settled, I'll bring you back. And then I'll get your heart.

>Timeskip: The day after<

I was holding Oka's hand. It was pale but warm.

"I'm sorry Oka. I'm sorry I put you through this." I kiss her hand. Then her hand flinched. I was surpised at the fidget. My eyes made its way to Oka's face. Her eyes is opening. She's waking up.

"Oka? Oka!" I shout in glee.

"Hey, they're Iso. Did I miss anything?" She had to adjust her position. She wants to get up. I help her up.

"You missed a lot of things. We just won against A-class!" I was so excited in telling her. But her expression shifted from happy to sad.

"Oka what's wrong?"

"How's my cousin holding up?"

"She's okay but she's not in E-class anymore," I said with regret. "She planted answer keys in each of our tables which got her into trouble."

Oka's eyes widened. " I figured she'd do that. How can she be so stupid!"

"You knew?"

"Yeah. I know everything. It was ---" She had a sudden pain in her temple.

"Don't force yourself Oka. Just rest for a while."

"No, you have to know everything. Van should not suffer any longer. She's been doing this as long as I can remember." She paused for a moment then continued. "When we arrived at the principal's office, my father was there negotiating something with Mr. Asano. He said that he has a deal."

"What deal?"

"He wants either (Y/N) or me transfers to A-class. To make even matters worse, she threatened both you and her family. I was about to volunteer when she said she'll transfer. It was unfair for both us. Father called me out, leaving (Y/N) to talk to the principal. That's all I know as of now. I don't know what happened at their conversation. But I guess it was the principal's bargaining chip with my father that forced her to do this."

"So that means she didn't push you off the stairs?"

"What? Did she take the blame for it?"

"Yes! She said that she pushed you and many witnesses saw her at the scene."

"What?!!! This is so like her!"

"You sound like Karma."

"That's because since elementary, we both wanted to get her to stop this mentality. But in the end she always push through with it."

"What made her do it?"

"I want to tell you but I want you to ask her yourself. It'll be better that way." She grabs hold of my hand and squezees it. "Back to the main topic. The one who pushed me was . . . . .was my father. He didn't mean to but he accidentally pushed me."

"What?!!!! And he never bothered to claim his fault!" I'm angry right now. Mr. Kataoka allowed an innocent girl to take the fall! This isn't right. I was puffing with anger when Oka laid her hands on my shoulder. "Hey, Iso. Calm down." She moved closer and kissed my forehead.

"I want you to choose her Iso. Choose her. I want you to follow her heart. Don't worry about your mother or her family. I got it all covered." She's trying not to cry. "I'm so sorry for forcing you into this relationship. I'm sorry if I ever told you not to leave my side. I never gave you the freedom to choose. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. It was my choice to stay."

"And now, this time, I'm letting you go."

"Thank you Oka."

"No, thank you. Thank you for loving me. It made me believe that I was worth it"

I smiled at her, holding her hand. I mouth a silent 'Thank you' to her to which she said a silent 'welcome.'

"Now go, find her. And save her."

I left Oka and went to the door. When I opened it, I saw Maehara holding a bouquet of flowers. Shocked as I was, I realized something. Maehara did have a thing for Oka. I didn't know he was serious. "Go get her!" I patted his shoulder then pushed him inside. He looked at me in confusion then I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Go."