Hanging

Isogai p.o.v

My feet cannot stop it self from stomping. I waited there to make sure no one steals Van from me. I'm slanting beside the wall with arms crossed. But before this position, I was kinda eavesdropping on them. The words of Karma repeated in my head. 'I know it's not me.' I felt a slight happiness in my heart. I hope it's me. Please be me.

The doorknob turns and the door reveals the both of them. They're okay now. The smiles on their faces proves that. Karma turned his gaze towards me and said, "Keep her happy, okay? If you hurt her, I'll take her away from you!" He gives Van to me, entrusting the girl he loves. I know this kind of threat. "I'll never let you steal her from me."

My cheeks tinted pink. The words did not match what I was thinking. God, I want run away. As soon as those words came out, Karma laughed and Van blushed.

"Yeah. Yeah. Van? I'll go on ahead," Karma said while he walks away. I think Van panicked at this ackward state. I myself can't think of any way out of this. Dammit! I reach for her hand and interwine it mine. Her face puffs within contact.

"So, what do we do now?" I asks, not looking at her.

"We go back to the karaoke Room?!" She sheepishly smiled.  She takes a step forward, pulling me. Before she can pull me any further, I stop her on her track. My other hand pulls her towards me and hug her. Her shock was not visible but I know she was. Eventually, her hands hug me back and her face buries into my chest.

"Van," I whisper into her ear. "I love you."
She doesn't answer. I let her be silent for a little while. All I can hear are our breaths, inhaling and exhaling the cold air.

"Van? Can I ask you something?" I break the long silence. She nods under my chest. "Um. ano. do you still love me?"

Her eyes were wide open. That soft cheek she has on her face are plump red. She doesn't answer. I panic at her silence. Baka, Isogai. Baka.

"Sono. um. Iso. . .Yuma. . .I can't answer you right now," She said slowly and shakingly. My chest felt a rock hit it. 'I can't answer you right now.' I know I'm rushing but it tripped my heart off balance. Then I realized, she might still be adjusting with all that's happened. I smile my warmest smile. "Then I'll wait for it."

"I promise I'll give my answer with my truest feelings on it," she said like a marine given orders. I giggle at her gesture.

"Roger."

>Timeskip<

Everything was a blast. My classmates enjoyed their butts off with this get together. The room boomed with loud singing and cheering. For them, it was all about this happy memory we all shared. For me, it was all about things getting back to normal.  It was time to go home since it was already late. Karma was about to offer to walk Van home when. . .

"I'll do it Karma," I interjected. He thought about it for a while then gave me the oppurtunity.

"Just make sure she'll be home in one piece!," He threatens to do something to me if something happens to Van. I give him a man-to-man assurance. My attention then turned to Van who was smiling at me.

"Let's go."

All of us bidded our goodbyes. We then turned our gazes towards the path to the trainstation. The walk there was silent. Both us didn't dare to speak up. I guess it was a silent agreement that this walk was enough for both us. I felt a chill. I felt eyes on me. I turned to who it belonged and it belonged to Van. She turned pink when our gazes met. I believe I did to. We turned our heads away quickly. God, that was embarrassing. But it was worth it though. I got to see her face under the cold night air and damn, she was beautiful. I just realized she had no make up on. If she was pretty with make up, she was beautiful without it. It's not everyday I get to see that.

We got to the trainstation and settled on the seat near to the door. I was about to talk to Van about the party when I felt her head on my shoulders. She must be pretty tired. I scanned her sleeping figure and my nose got red. My hand push her head gently to release my arm she was sleeping on and pulled her to my chest, my arm collars her other shoulder. My free hand made its way to the silver hair's lose bangs and brush it off to reveal her forehead. I move forward and kiss her forehead. "I love you, Van."

"I love you tooo," I hear her said softly. My body stiffens to a statue. My eyes were wide open and my jaw dropped. I slowly turned around and saw her sleeping. I exhaled with both relief and panic. I was relieved she was asleep and was panicked she said 'I love you too.' Who are you referring to Van? You're giving me a scare if you're dreaming of somebody else.

I woke her up because we arrived at the station we were stopping to. I walk her home. When we at her house, she went directly to the gate. But before she can fully enter, she turned to me.

"Are you okay walking by yourself, Yuma-kun?" She had a worried expression her face.

"Don't worry, my house is not that far from yours. It's just down another block," I assured her. "Bye then."

Before I could turn around, she ran to me and planted a kiss on my cheeks. I became a statue, not knowing what to do.

"Thank you, Yuma," she said with the smile I fell in love with. Her figure then turned and ran to her abode. I was left there hanging. If anybody would see me, they'll be creeped out. You're unfair Van. Always leaving me there without any clear answer. Damn.