6.

Karin Mendez

School was over for the day but I had to stay with Christian at football practice once again this week. I wasn't about to sit outside in that hot ass sun and burn my ass on them bleachers watching them practice. That's a no for me.

"Bounce that shit like woaaah. Why you gotta fight me at cheesecake?" Lala dropped down the the floor and started shaking her ass.

"Girl get your ass up we're in school. This ain't the damn strip club."

"My bad I got carried away. I think Drake be making these songs on purpose. He's bringing the inner stripper out of me." She said taking her earphones out of her ear.

"Maybe his girlfriend was a stripper. He be so lowkey I don't know shit about him." I shook my head as we walked the halls.

"Rihanna was a stripper."

"No she wasn't. Just because she make stripping songs doesn't mean she's a stripper." I snapped as she looked at me crazy and put her hands up in surrender.

"Damn Karin I was just playing. Let me find out something is going on with you and Rihanna." Lala laughed making me chuckle right along with her.

Call me crazy but I get very defensive with it comes to somebody disrespecting Rihanna.

"Oh shit Karin look." Lala stated pulling me on my arm.

"What is it?" I said following her eyes as we stood in front of a bulletin board.

"It's dancing tryouts for the school. Girl you better sign up." She nudged my shoulder as I shook my head.

I always had a passion for dancing since I was little. My mama put me in dance schools left to right making sure I had the experience. She always taught me at a young age because she said something big was gonna happen when I got older.

"Lala no, I don't even think I can dance anymore. It's been years." I spoke truthfully.

"I heard you was just shaking your ass at that party so don't lie. Just tryout and I bet you'll make it." She said in a whining voice.

"Lala I don't want to."

"Please do it for me. I'll be at all your performances." She gave me the puppy dog eyes and I sighed.

"Bitch I can't stand you. When is tryouts?" I replied and she squealed before snatching the paper from the board.

"It's tomorrow in the gym at 12." I nodded and made a mental note.

"Cousin I love you but if I don't make it I'm kicking your ass."

We stayed in the inside gym and sat down talking about things watching the janitors clean up. About an hour later Christian was done with practice and we went home and chill for a minute. Uncle Jayceon came and got Lala from the house and I got prepared for the big day tomorrow.

Chad Jones

"Courtney why are we at my school?" I questioned as she told me to pull up here.

"I told you I wanted to watch the tryouts with Kya. She's here since Tatiyanna is trying out and didn't wanna be by herself." Just mentioning her name made me roll my eyes.

Lord knows I didn't wanna see her face. It's something about her that every time she fucks up she always ends up running right back.

"Alright getcho shit and get out." I said opening my door and getting out.

"Chad I could stay here by myself you don't have to watch me."

"Girl you're 12 years old talking about watching yourself. Shut up and get in that school." I pushed her sounding like my father.

"Oh my god you get on my nerves." She mumbled opening the double doors to the school.

We walked through the halls as I followed her into the gym. It was crowded full of girls stretching and waiting on their phones. I sat on the bleachers and pulled out my phone as Courtney walked away to her friend.

"What are you doing here nigga?" Christian spoke seating next to me.

I pointed to Courtney and he nodded before crunching on his chips. I went back to my phone as time passed by.

"Okay ladies now you know the routine let's get you in groups! Karin, Tatiyanna, Megan, Sasha is group one we're gonna start with." My head shot up as Chris started laughing.

"Space out a little." The coach said before turning on the music, "Karin I want you to lead."

I watched on as the band music played from the speaker and she counted down. They started the routine and I was amazed by Karin. I never knew she could dance so good.

"That's my sister! Go head with your big head ass!" Christian yelled standing up making the gym laugh.

The rest of the girls tried out and the coach announced that the new members would be on a list placed on the board by next week. I saw Karin talking to a girl and I started to walk up but Tatiyanna came.

"Chad can I talk to you please?" She pleaded holding onto my hand.

"Tati get the fuck away from me dawg." I yanked my hand from her grip making her sigh.

"Please Chad it'll be quick and reasonable." She blurted out like she was being timed.

"Girl you got 5 minutes." I looked down at my clock and stood there.

"5 minutes okay. First I'm so sorry about what you saw in the bathroom-"

"4 minutes."

"Please Chad just give me one more chance and I swear I'll- we don't even have to date we could be friends!" I huffed out before pulling her into somewhere more private.

"I suggest for us to give each other space before thinking about being friends or something big again."

"But don't you still love me?" She whined stomping her feet.

"Honestly I do and I always will but I can't fuck with you anymore."

"Can I have a hug then? I really need one right now and I bet you do too." She begged as I looked at her dumbfounded, "Please."

I scratched the back of my head as she brought me to a hug. I started to pull away and she connected her lips with mine making me push her back.

"Tatiyanna what the fuck? Bitch don't kiss me like you wasn't just kissing dick." I snapped.

"I-I'm sorry I thought that's what you wanted." She stuttered out before walking away.

I picked my head up to see her leaving and found Karin shaking her head at me before walking away.