41.

Karin Mendez

I slammed dishes everywhere while soap and water scattered on the floor beneath me. Today was not the day and I was pissed the fuck off. I didn't want anyone around me and damn sure didn't want to be bothered. I never felt like this before until I met up with Chad yesterday.

The idea of him taking my child away from me has me fucked up. I understand I fucked up by not telling him that he had a child and that's a lesson learned. I hid Chloe from him over petty reasons, because he played me like a toy and he wouldn't believe me if I told him myself anyways. What does it look like if your ex girlfriend came out the blue and told you- you had a baby because he's making money.

I could give a damn about his money. I could give a damn about his appearance in my daughters life because we're good. I make sure she's fed, dressed, hairs done and she goes to school. If her father didn't have to be in her life I wouldn't have needed him. But every child should have both of their parents in their life.

I'm fucked up in the head because he was that damn mad that he had to slap me like I was a damn man. When I got home that night the left side of my face was swollen and my neck was red with his large hand print. I tried everything to hide the evidence from Ron but he eventually got me into telling him the story. He tried to go out for Chad but I told him it was only karma for me. I deserved something but not to be physically abused.

Now I've been in this house for four days cooped, scared that this man was gonna take my child. He hasn't called or tried to reach out anyways so that's good. The only social media post he made was about football. I'm glad he didn't post shit because I want my child to have a normal life without the cameras.

Well that'll be hard considering who my daddy is and who her father is.

I wiped down the glass plates with the dish towel and stared at it once I saw a face. It looked like Christian was shaking his head at me so I dropped it and screamed. I placed my hand over my chest and took a deep breath before stepping over the broken glass.

"Fuck you doing in here?" Ron said coming in the kitchen with an annoyed expression.

"I accidentally dropped a plate. Go back to doing what you was doing, I got this." I waved him off before stepping on a piece of glass. "Ah fuck."

"Look at your dumb ass. Sit on the counter and don't get down." He said getting the broom from the closet and sweeping the glass up.

"Wait you're pushing it back in." I shrieked as he tried to take the glass out of my foot with tweezers.

"No I'm not. I'm taking it out so stop moving girl." He squeezed my foot and the small piece was sticking out so he pulled it.

"Thanks doctor Ron." I patted his bare back and he side eyed me.

"I know you're not still mad at me." I rolled my eyes folding my arms over my breast.

"Fucking right. That nigga shouldn't have hit you no matter if you deserved it or not. I should've hit your ass and knocked some sense into you. This ain't no Chris Brown and Rihanna shit." He said washing his hands then flicking the water on me. (relax and don't take it literal.)

"I didn't want you in the drama. This is between me and Chad." I said placing my hands on the counter and leaning back.

"Nah fuck that all that shit. You're my girl and if a nigga disrespect you, it's my job to defend you. I don't give a damn if this nigga tries to sue me, I'm gonna beat his ass." I nodded and held my hands out for him to grab.

"I still don't want you in this mess." I sighed out wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Look on the positive side though. He knows that he has a child after everybody tried to tell the mother-"