33.

Karin Mendez

"Aye teach me how to Kodak bop." Justin said walking in the room as I placed clothes in a box.

"All you doing is get low on the ground and flick your wrist." I said looking up at him as he tried to follow directions.

" I said looking up at him as he tried to follow directions

"Like this?" I laughed and shook my head. "That's bobby dance."

"I'll show you a video because I'm three lazy right now." I said pulling it up on my phone and showing him.

" I said pulling it up on my phone and showing him

"Ooh aight I fuck with it." He said.

"Why do you support his goofy ass in the first place. He made one or two songs that made his ass famous and had the nerve to come for a legend like Lil Wayne."

"I don't like the nigga, but I fuck with his music. That's two different things."

"I don't get it." I said scrunching up my face.

"Okay, let's say I like your hair but I don't like you." I nodded my head then frowned.

"What are you trying to say?" I said running my hair back with my hand.

"It was an example ass. Do you need help?" He asked nodding towards the unpacked boxes.

I shrugged. "Only if you want too."

He bent down and loaded all the folded clothes into the labeled boxes. Today was the day I was leaving for college and I had mixed emotions. I was sad to be leaving but then again I was excited as hell. This was a fresh start for me.

"Did you even buy stuff for your dorm?" Justin questioned.

"Dad gave me his card so when I get to Baton Rouge I could buy food and my TV and shit." He nodded.

"Have fun in college but most importantly do that work cause my dumb ass ain't experience that."

I laughed and shook my head.

"Imma take these to the car." I nodded and watched as he walked out.

I looked around the half empty room before following behind him. The only time I was gonna see that room again is when I'll be visiting.