49.

Karin Mendez

"Have you recovered from that loss yet?" I asked laughing at Deandre as he sat opposite from me.

Deandre hit me up asking for lunch and I declined it until he offered to pay. It was just a friendly lunch since football season was over. I mean who the hell would turn down free food? Not this bitch.

"I don't wanna talk about that shit. I really thought we had that game man." He rolled his eyes and I laughed even more biting into pasta.

The Falcons had a good season for once in a lifetime and made it too the super bowl. The game went well with them leading 28 to 3. Until the third quarter came the Patriots shocked the world by defeating them 34-28. Well it didn't shock me because I knew the Falcons wasn't beating the Patriots.

Tom Brady is a legend. There's no way you could beat a legend.

"They'll win the Super Bowl one day.. I guess." I shrugged taking a sip of my drink. 

"If your baby daddy would've played they would've had more points on the board before the 3rd quarter." Andre said sounding mad, I shook my head.

Speaking of him I haven't heard from him in weeks. Every time I tried to call and drop Chloe off his phone goes straight to voicemail. I figured he was busy so I let it slide until today.

"Hey, the dude is hurt. But with or without him we would've still lost. Chad isn't the God too the team." I said frowning up a bit.

"Shid Chad is the best player on that team in my opinion. That boy has the skills and they've improved over the years. You're just hating." He said pushing his plate away from him.

"Hating on what? I'm not a damn football player so there's nothing to hate on. I know who Chad is in real life because I know him. We're the same, experienced the same shit, so please remind me?" I said putting my fist underneath my chin.

"Damn my bad shawty. I was just playing I ain't mean for your ugly ass to get in your feelings." He chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

"Akiki you're so hilarious." I said sarcastically before he busted out laughing again.

"I can't stand you." I mumbled.

"Aww you love me stop playing." He said giving me a look and I rolled my eyes playfully.

I looked out the window and saw a van full of people with cameras. I rolled my eyes in annoyance immediately knowing it was paparazzi. I could never catch a damn break.

"We better get outta here before we start dating and I start cheating." I nodded my head towards the people and he nodded.

He quickly got our waitress and got the check with to go boxes. After he paid he offered me his hoodie until we got in his car. I sighed and rested in the seat when he pulled off.

"Does this happen all the time?" He asked and I nodded, unfortunately.

"Sometimes I just let them be when I'm by myself because I look cute in them pictures. But when I'm with somebody else they make up crazy ass stories." I took out my phone.

"They just want clout love." He said taking his left hand off the steering wheel.

"Of course they do."

He plugged up his aux cord at the red light and started dancing in his seat. I laughed and recorded him on snapchat before taking a picture.