31.

Karin Mendez

"Aw fuck." I shrieked as the grease popped on me.

"This is why I hate cooking. Somebody will wife me one day, hopefully." I said throwing the burnt bacon away.

Cooking wasn't one of my talents. My mother could cook and so could my daddy but I was just here. I could fix certain things like noodles, sandwiches and cereal but not those big meals. It was Ms. Aprils day off which is why I was cooking, well trying to by myself.

The pancakes I tried to make were raw, the grits had hardened up, bacon was burnt and so was the waffles. At that point I just gave up and said fuck it. I couldn't even warm up a hot dog on a stick without burning it.

Since there was no corner stores because this was the suburbs I couldn't walk there. I'll just have to buy me something. I looked down at my attire and shrugged. I was going no place special so I didn't have a reason to dress up.

I grabbed the keys from the door and started up the Range Rover. It was my dads cars but he let me have it since I push this bitch almost every day. After figuring out what I wanted to eat I pulled up at IHOP. I was seated 5 minutes later after walking in.

I quickly told my Dad where I was before looking up at the waiter.

"Hi, welcome to IHOP. My name is Rodger and I'll be your waiter for today. Do you wanna start off with drinks and more time to look over the menu?"

"A coke and no I I'm ready to order now." I said taking a glance to the menu.

"Okay, what would you like?" He asked getting ready to write it down on the notepad.

"Can I get the breakfast sampler without the ham." I recited off the top off my head.

"With the replacement?"

"Hash browns please."

"Alright your food will be out any moment while I come back with your drink." I gave him a small fade as he walked away.

I looked around the restaurant and blew out a breath. My eyes narrowed as I saw Tatiyanna at someone's table taking their order. I laughed out loudly as her head snapped towards me. She mugged me then turned around. I didn't even want the food anymore because the bitch was gonna try to poison me.

I read a story on this app called Wattpad and my drinks came. Soon after I was eating my pancakes. It wasn't half raw or burnt just how I liked it.

"Excuse me." I heard somebody say making me look up from my food.

It was a boy but he looked grown enough. He was fine I had to admit. He was wearing a white tee with a bad boys jacket which made me laugh. He had on a cap with his durag underneath but I can tell his hair was neat.