17.

Karin Mendez

I sat back in my school seat tapping my finger nails on my thighs

I sat back in my school seat tapping my finger nails on my thighs. Christmas break came and left like it was seconds. It was good while it lasted now we're back here. Man I was just ready to get out of here and graduate.

I had no problems with any of my classes because most of my teachers like me. Mrs. Johnson was one of my favorite teachers because we talk about everything like we were friends. She's more like a friend type then teacher to me.

My eyes shifted to the clock and read the time. 10:45AM. Lunch was in a few more minutes but that time was going slow. I hoped they didn't have anything nasty today or I'm going off campus. I should've brought some of them good ass leftovers.

I just couldn't be in this classroom any longer because it was giving me bad vibes. Tatiyanna and her friend had been mean mugging since I got in here.

"Since we're sitting here doing nothing let's talk about somethings. Like your future." Mrs. Johnson said catching our attention from being bored.

"What about it?" I answered since nobody else did.

"Well what are you guys plans after you graduate here? What colleges are you looking into. I wanna hear from everybody." She said getting up and standing in front of the desk.

A few chatters scattered around the classroom as everybody tried to talk at once. She couldn't take it and neither could I so she made them talk at a time.

"Sasha." She said pointing to the girl to the left of the room.

"I applied for Florida State University." Sasha replied making Mrs. Johnson nod her head.

"Good choice. What are you studying for?" Mrs. Johnson asked again.

"Uh.. I was thinking about Real-estate and Accounting." I smiled knowing she was serious about her work like I was.

"You're gonna be big. Trust me." She smiled small before turning her attention to a boy named Roderick.

"What about you son?" He shrugged his shoulders.

"To be honest Mrs. J, I don't know. My grades are bad as shit right now. I don't even see myself graduating this year." He said unbothered playing with the blank paper on his desk.

"Don't think like that. Just because your grades are bad doesn't mean that your failing. There's always time to make that shit up. Ask for help and just don't sit there looking stupid. I don't ever wanna hear you say that bullshit anymore alright?" She said becoming angry as he nodded his head.