20.

Karin Mendez

I rolled my eyes as Justin teased me with the card that I tried to grab. I gave him an annoyed look and he laughed like it was hilarious. I tried to take the card from him again and he snatched it back. I started to feel fed up and jumped on his back only for him to hold the card higher. I laughed with him because he was playing games.

Today was my birthday and I made the big 18. There wasn't much to do because I was still suspended. It was January 16th which meant that I go back to school tomorrow. I had a lot of work to make up because Chad would pick it up and bring it home from my teachers. If you suspended me I shouldn't be associated with school at all. Damn.

"Damnit Justin why you gotta be so complicated?" I whined rolling my eyes.

"Look at you, you just turn 18 and think you grown. Curse again and imma pop you inna throat." He warned as I took him for a joke and giggled.

"Look at you trying to play the role of being my pops. Go play father to that baby that girl is claiming is yours." I rolled my eyes as he mugged me.

"That baby ain't mine because I wrapped it up. She's just tryna pin that baby on me cause I'm rich."

"What if the baby is yours though?" I questioned raising my eyebrows.

"It's not mine bruh. She done fucked the whole city and that's facts." He said speaking on her like he didn't care.

"How do you know? That could be just a rumor somebody spread." I placed my hand on my hip and tilted my head.

"She fucked my ex- best friend and tried to give Quincy head." A laugh escaped out of my mouth before I quickly covered it with my hand.

"Now she know she down bad for that. She probably caught something." I scrunched up my face.

"Whatever she caught it wasn't from me! I stay strapped because I won't be shooting up no clubs in this bitch. No kids for me, no no no." He shook his head waving his finger.

"The DNA test determined, you're the father, face ass." I joked as he pushed me softly.

"Your ass likes to play. Here take this card because I'm getting tired of your foul ass breath." He shoved the card in my hands before holding his nose.

"My breath don't stink because I clean and take care of my teeth unlike you and your shitty booty ass." He laughed and nodded his head.

"Alright you got me."

I sat on the couch and opened the card hearing the front door open. I didn't even hear the people come in because I was fascinated by the card. I opened the card, took the money out and closed it back without reading. I mean the card was sweet and all but what's the important part about it. That cash, guap, dollar bills, moolah, whatever you wanna call it.

"On blood I know this lil girl not ignoring me." I snapped out of my thoughts to my Uncles voice.

"I'm sorry Unc. You got something for me?" I grinned hugging him.

"Hell nah. The older y'all niggas get the less imma give y'all ugly asses something. Go to y'all rich ass daddy." I gasped and placed my hand over my heart in fake shock.