23.

Karin Mendez

"Why are you talking so loud?" I heard voices next to my bed as I slept.

"Because you act like your deaf! That's why I'm talking so loud you light skin dummy." I recognized the voice as Christian.

Well I didn't recognize his voice but I did recognize his words. He was the only one that says some shit like that.

"Shut up you just mad because you want my skin color." Quincy fired back as I mentally rolled my eyes in my head.

"Light is whack, Dark is crack." Christian replied back and I stiffed a laugh.

"Nobody says that but your stupid ass." Quincy argued making Christian growl out in frustration.

"Your girlfriend says it nigga that's who I got it from!" Christian yelled as my eyes shot open.

"Both of y'all sleep because brownskin is winning." I coughed out sitting up.

"Oh shit she done rose up from the dead!" Christian yelled clutching his chest.

"Shut up stupid I'm going get pops and a doctor." Quincy said before handing me a cup of water and walking out.

"He gave me this hot ass water." I croaked out suddenly disgusted with my voice.

"Because light skin niggas can't never do nothing right."

"What's your beef with them?" I gritted my teeth regretting moving my head because of the pain.

"Drake ruined my likings for all light skin niggas when he fucked over Rihanna. With his pussy ass. Ima still listen to his music though." He mumbled handing me a cool bottle of water.

"You'll be alright."

"Ms. Mendez how are you feeling?" The doctor asked coming to my aid.

"Honestly?" I asked and he nodded his head. "Excuse my language, but I feel like shit."

"Imma let you slide on this one." My dad eyed me as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well do you know what happened? I'll like to hear this before I break down the news." He asked me and I looked over to the side of the room where Chad was waking up in the chair.

"To be honest I have no idea." I shook my head placing my hand on my throat.

"A student said you were going down the stairs until somebody came behind you and pushed you. Do you know anyone by the name of Tatiyanna Franklin?" I nodded my head and closed my eyes for a brief moment.

"That's my ex." Chad said as I side eyed him.

"She's responsible for your accident. Now I know your head is pounding right now and that's because you're suffering from a concussion. You fell face first down the stairs which caused the concussion and the pain in your leg is a muscle tear."

"How is this going to affect her?" Christian asked with a look of worry on her face.

"Yeah because I was supposed to do tryouts tomorrow." I sighed out.

"I'm sorry but after this surgery I'm gonna need for you to rest as possible. There's a 50/50 chance that you won't be able to get back on your feet and dance."

I took a deep breath and tried to calm down because I could feel myself starting to cry. I didn't care anymore so I just let the tears release as my father came and hugged me.

"When is the surgery?"

"At 11 tomorrow morning. I'll be back to update you on more details." He gave us a small smile before leaving the room.

"Don't cry sis it's gonna be straight." Quincy said rubbing my hand.

I blocked out their voices as I stared straight ahead without blinking. I was starting over what I loved best and now it was ruined. It was ruined by somebody that evil and jealous. When is this going to stop?

If I had something she wanted and things were going to be like this I wanted no parts. I was not a evil bitch but I was about to turn into one. She wanted to bring that bad side out of me and lord knows I'm not that type of person.

My thoughts were interrupted when I saw two police officers enter the hospital room. I now realized that Cassie switched spots with my dad but I didn't care. I laid my head on her chest as she rubbed my back.

"Family of Karin Jinsui?" My dad nodded and head and started asking questions.

"We heard about the incident and wanted to know if you would like to press charges." They all looked at me and I stood quiet.

"Let me talk to y'all outside." He ushered them outside and closed the door.

"You alright?" Christian asked after a moment of silence.

Without speaking I just shook my head.

"Everybody's here except for Justin. Where his bitch ass been at?" I kept quiet as they interacted with each other.

I thought about what my dad said and shook my head. I hope whatever Justin was doing that it was positive.

All I need is positivity right now.