8.

Karin Mendez

"No the house hasn't burned down yet." I chuckled as I spoke to my daddy.

We've been on the phone for 30 minutes talking about things such as what were the boys doing and how his shows were coming. I wasn't complaining because he was keeping me company since it was my lunch time.

"It better not be. It seems like you're good being in charge to say you're the youngest."

"I'm not that wild type of girl and you know that. I'm bool, balm and bollected." I giggled before popping a chip in my mouth.

"Remind me to keep your uncle away from you. But when I come back we'll have to spend time together alone. It's long overdue." I nodded my head as if he can see me.

"That's fine." I spoke bawling the chip bag up and rolling up my car windows.

"Now what were you saying about dancing? You texted me the other day before I went on stage and could text back." I heard shuffling in the background.

"Oh I made the schools dance team but I don't know how that's gonna work out between my new job because they have events on the weekends." I ran my hands through my hair looking at the students rush inside trying to beat the bell.

"If I was you I would quit that job and focus on my dancing career. Do you know how far in life that would get you if somebody sees those skills?" He asked making me sigh.

"That's why it's hard for me to decide. I wanna dance and provide for myself at the same time."

"How about this. If you really wanna do this quit your job and focus on school and dancing. I'll pay you for those grades if their good." A smile appeared on my face as my daddy spoke.

"Sounds like a deal."

"Yeah? As soon as you get off the phone call them people and tell them your daddy got money and he'll pay you better than they can." I laughed before opening my car door.

"Alright dad I'm about to head in school so I'll talk to you later." I hung up the phone before walking inside.

Once I got inside I pushed through the crowded hallway to get to my final class. Since we had a substitute I sat in the back of the class with Lala and occupied myself with my phone.

She wasn't really joking around or talking like she usually did so I left her alone. With one earphone in the right I could hear everything clearly out my left which is why I heard her groaning. I raised my eyebrows and took out that one earphone before placing my phone on top of the desk.

"What's wrong with you?" She clutched her stomach before whining again.

"It's these cramps." I nodded my head and started feeling bad.

Lord knows the devil is the creator of those cramps.

"Aw you're gonna be okay." I said pinching her cheeks making her slap my hand away.

"Fuck off me." She gritted out making me laugh at her seriousness, "Excuse me Mr. Moore can I be excused to the bathroom."

"You can do whatever you want because class is dismissed." He says right before the bell rung.

"Don't do me daddy." She mumbled making me laugh as I followed her out the class.

"Are you staying with me for practice?" I asked as she leaned against the wall.

"I'm sorry cousin but I can't. My stomach hurting too bad right now I just wanna go home and lay down." She groaned.

I frowned and watched as she stood there with her hands over her stomach. After standing there for a minute she rushed by the nearby trash can and threw up in it.

"Hell with going home, you need to go to the hospital." I scrunched up my face.

"I'm good." Lala said wiping her mouth.

"Lala you just threw up and you're cr-"

"I'm fucking fine." She snapped picking up her bags before rushing out of the building.

I rolled my eyes before sending a quick text to Uncle Jayceon letting him know Lala was sick. After that I went into the girls restroom, getting changed in my practice uniform and going in the gym.

"I'm happy to see that you're here Captain." Coach Allen said making me smile.

"Thank you."

I got in the front and lead stretches until she told me to stop. Once we finished I opened up a Powerade bottle and sat down on the floor.

"Alright this week will be the first week you'll perform. The school is having a pep rally for councils and sports so you all will be dancing in the stands." I nodded my head.

"Let's get this going."

She played the band music and told us that we were performing the dance we learned from tryouts.

"No, it's up then down." I heard somebody say to herself behind me, "I forgot what it was."

"What part are you on?" I asked turning around.

"The third 8- count." I thought about it for a second and demonstrated it for her.

"Thank you."

We practiced for another half hour and I found myself walking too my car until I felt somebody behind me.

"Chad." I smiled bringing him into a hug.

"Wassup?" He asked looking down at my attire, "Dance practice?"

"Yes sir and I'm tired."

"My bad ma I'll let you go since you're so tired." He mocked me making me giggle.

"I'm fine now what's up?"

"I was wondering if you was still down with our date after the pep rally? I'll be finished with my test and I'll tell you how I did." He smirked.

"Sure but tell me the results first and I'll see if you deserve me." I joked and he playfully rolled his eyes.

"Bet. I'll see ya Karin." He hugged me once again before walking off.