7.

Karin Mendez

I sat at the back of the class finishing up on my work trying not to rush. Today was one of those days where I didn't wanna be bothered with anyone around me. I just felt like snapping on anybody who tried to talk to me.

Lala didn't come to school today and I was by myself even though my brother was here. I don't hang out with him and his crew so basically I'm by myself.

The teacher looked up from organizing the papers on the desk at the sounds of voices from the two boys next to me. They immediately stopped once they saw her at attention. I shook my head before putting my work on the side.

The bell rung a few minutes later making me turn in my work and push pass people to leave out. All I wanted to do was go home and sleep peacefully.

I walked into the hallway and saw a large crowd gathered by a wall. I thought it was a fight so I didn't even bother to go over there. I don't entertain stuff like that because it always brings drama.

"Hey, are you Karin?" A girl with red braids asked me as soon as she walked up to me.

"Depends, why?" I asked raising my eyebrows and she laughed.

"There's no harm I just wanted to let you know that your name is on the board over there." She pointed to where the large crowd was.

"What's that for?" I asked confused.

"Just go see. Congrats." She smiled flipping her hair over her shoulder and walked away.

I scrunched up my face and waited until some people moved from the board. When it was clear for me to look I went over and read over the words. I read enough for me to realize my name was placed on there because I made the dance team.

Which caught me off guard is when they put me under captain.

"Congrats." I heard a deep voice speak from behind me.

"Thank you." I replied simply turning around and walking away from Chad.

"What's up with you Karin? That was dry as fuck like I did you something." He stated grabbing my arm.

"First of all, let me go. Second, I'm dry as fuck because you're stupid as fuck." I yanked my arm from his grip making him look at me in confusion.

"How the fuck am I stupid? Bruh deadass you just met me a few weeks ago and you acting like you know a nigga." Chad spoke while I rolled my eyes.

"Are you back with Tatiyanna?" I asked knowing damn well it wasn't my concern. I didn't like Chad like that but he was making stupid decisions.

"Fuck no." He said quickly.

"Then why were you hugging and kissing her?" I tilted my head to the side.

"That's none of your concern. I don't recall fucking or wifing your ass where as if you gotta know what the fuck I do."

"You're right. I don't know you so imma stand the hell out of the way and let you do you. Okay." I rolled my eyes adjusting my bag on my back.

"Karin you rea-"

"Karin Mendez and Chad Jones please report to the front office, I repeat Karin and Chad report to the office please." The principle I assumed announced on the intercom.