28.

Karin Mendez

"I'm sorry for your lost." I heard for the 100th time today making me fake smile.

As soon as they saw my face today that's all they've been telling me. Some of these girls couldn't stand me now they feel sorry and trying to be my friend. I just give them a fake smile like they are and continue on with my day. I don't have time for that fake shit so you easily walk past me and go on about your day. I've heard the phrase so many times that I was getting tired of it. It's not going to fix anything or bring him back.

It was almost the end of the day so I went to chill in Mrs. J class since my class was at planning. I wasn't in the mood to be around a lot of people but the only person I really liked was Mrs. Johnson.

"Hey Mrs. J." I said entering her classroom as she greeted me with a hug.

"I heard what happened. I'm so sorry my love." She said rocking me back and forth in the hug.

"Mrs. J imma be honest and say I'm tired of hearing that. But thank you, I guess." I said giving her a small smile before sitting in her rolling chair.

"I know, I know but I just felt so bad. I was just yelling at his ass the other day about running in the hallways now he's gone. Imma miss that lil boy. Did you see what they did for him?" She said and I nodded my head.

"Yeah it was cute."

They had put flowers and balloons on his locker and decorated his desk with their signatures and messages. The also had a video made with his highlights and Chris just enjoying himself.

"Oh and I'm not coming tomorrow." Mrs. Johnson said making me raise my eyebrows.

"Why not? If you not coming I'm not coming." I asked twirling around in the chair facing her.

"My sister is getting married and I can't miss that. Girl imma be all on that dance floor tomorrow." She said placing her hands behind her head rolling her hips.

" She said placing her hands behind her head rolling her hips

"Mrs. J. I know you lying. I ain't know you got down like that." I said with my mouth dropped open.

This lady was moving like she's been doing that for years. Well she's not old so I would've expected her to do that.

"Karin this is just a little quick one two I learned for my man. Whenever he does good he earns a prize if you know what I mean." She smirked before dropping too the floor.

" She smirked before dropping too the floor